Christmas food porm

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
About this time of year there are a few things that you can guarantee in our house. First is that there will be some sweary words in the kitchen, second there will be a lot of flour in the kitchen and third the smell of things baking will fill the house.

Yesterday was pastry making day. There are two types made the first is sweet and the second savoury. I suppose in reality there are only two types. Anyway the first batch off the production line were mince pies as pictured below. They may not be picture perfect but these are the best that Mrs W. has ever made. They are normally pretty good but these are 5*. I had to use considerable restraint not to finish them off! For those that don’t know, it isn’t a meat mince that is used (though used to be in the past): Mincemeat - Wikipedia

Today sausage rolls will be made (veggie and meat versions). These are usually amazing and the pastry could be eaten on its own!

E5429841 322B 4211 8B83 FAC4F95BACD0

mhhhh....shit you are living so far away...i would have come over to you for a short "server setup meeting" lol

You would be welcome. Would actually send some but the price of postage now is extortionate even for small items. Would be nearly €10 to post to Europe.

Do you not have 'Greggs' over there Laka?
If you came over here we'd finish you off in a week, it's lardy pastry lovers heaven. :p:ROFLMAO::sick:

Edit: to clarify I'm in no way comparing the Wilsons' pastry delights to mass manufactured stodge. I don't shop at greggs I swear. But if you do come to Grande Britain and wish to give yourself a heart attack within a 48hr period out service stations the nation over can help you achieve this :cautious:

Last edited:
Glen, that looks delicious. (y)

There is nothing wrong with shop bought stuff at all as it takes a decent amount of time to make the pastry and the the pies/sausage rolls. Home/handmade has the advantage of being how you like it plus the satisfaction.

Ours may not look as good as these but they probably taste a lot better and are cheaper! Highgrove Mini Mince Pies, Box of 12 - Fortnum & Mason

We have a few local farm shops. Some are good for seasonal veg but when it comes to things pastry the prices are stupid. £6 for a smallish pie - explains why most people leave empty handed. Greggs may not be Michelin star but honest food at reasonable prices.

Users who are viewing this thread