Carrot and coriander soup.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Not particularly exciting but tasty. We usually get a big bag of 🥕 as they last a long time but the last bag were awful and started going off really quick. So got some fresh ones today and used the old ones, that we could salvage , to make this soup.

1 onion, 1 medium spud, 400gm carrots, vegetable stock, 15gm crushed coriander seeds, fresh coriander.

chop the onion and soften in some (vegetable but Castrol R is OK) oil (about 10 minutes), add the spud (cut into small cubes) and the crushed coriander seeds and cook for a few minutes. Add about 1l of vegetable stock and the chopped carrots. Bring to the boil and then simmer for about 25 minutes. Use a stick blender or food processor on it. Taste and add salt/pepper as neede. Re-heat and add fresh coriander leaves when hot and just before serving with fresh bread

CF68E13C A76C 40E3 8B75 BBCA01C542F9

Thank you very much for the delicious recipe, Glen, I will give it a try. 👍

I will do a better phot later once we serve it. 😆 Not sure that really shows it at its best! I give the photo a 2/10.

Please don't worry, the first photo was really good enough.
The second one, however, is perfect.

Thanks a lot, Glen. :)

☺️ Hard to get an orange liquid to look nice but I have high standards for my photography*. The soup was really good and not sure why we don’t have it more often as it is easy to make and inexpensive. Not that cost was an issue but when you can have a meal for two for less than the price of a hamburger…

* and only mine - I really don’t judge other peoples out of focus efforts or those where the horizon is not level or where the exposure is all wrong or where the colour balance hasn’t been adjusted, or where the composition is poor. 😁

Reactions: Lady_Musketeer_GER

Users who are viewing this thread