Can anyone help with this

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
RIZLOID

RIZLOID

EL Claymortarer
NRU Member
10 Oct 2012
Christchurch

I run 2 Radeon R9 280 3ghz g/cards in crossfire config and use that AMD Adrenaline 2019 to update drivers. New update appears so installed it (always get 2 options, Recomended and optional drivers) and have always installed the optional driver. When I tried to start BF4 I got the error above so uninstalled the optional driver and installed the recomended one....Same error msg.
Run on just one card and then swap them over but the result was the same. With just one card tried BF2 and BF3 and runs fine, then with both cards and again runs fine, but BF4 with one or the other or both cards I get that same error.
I see the error but WTF does it mean ?
Going to try and install the original driver before the update to see if that fixes it.
Anyone got any ideas ?

Go to Documents/Battlefield 4 folder, open PROFSAVE_profile in notepad, change 'GstRender.MantleEnabled' value to 0
:)
Not sure why the latest drivers aren't allowing you to use Mantle

• Love
Reactions: RIZLOID
I am back in using the original driver, but I will have a look thanks. :mad:

I know it isn’t the same but when I was developing and programming mainframe systems one of the things we had to do was put meaningful error messages when something went wrong. So many times you see stuff like that above which is meaningless to the user but probably helpful to the dev.

Same for iPad games where the default seems to be “There is an error check your internet connection (hehe by the time you do that whatever was wrong will probably be ok because we screwed something and you leaving the game to check will reset something we couldn’t be arsed to do properly)” 😊

Im no computer genius but just look at that error msg !.....It might as well be in chinese for all the help it gives. I've only ever come across "Mantle" once before in the BF4 game options and read a bit about it and decided mantle to be the better option from the other one (whatever it was LOL) but could not get into the game to go and change it to the other one. Why not "error_mantle_not _supported" or something like that instead of all that jiberish crap. I just switch on and expect it to work...you know me "instructions are for wimps" :LOL: just get in there and do it.
Thanks Sam for pointing me in the right direction, Im running on the old driver, have turned mantle to 0 and will probably only update the driver the next time another comes along. All that matters is its working and Im over the moon with that (y)

You shouldn’t need instructions for most things as it should be intuitive. Computers are slightly different if you are doing things out of the ordinary but if there is an option to have two cards then there should be simple, clear instructions on how to do something. Rolling back drivers is always a good starting point. Looking at the update log to see what has changed or if a setting has been changed undo that.

I don’t think there is enough testing of drivers as that is expensive especially if you want it to be thorough so they farm it out as to those willing to test beta versions but probably don’t get sufficient data from that to conclude much. Bf betas are a good example - they probably get quite a lot of testing time but never really use that to get rid of glaring bugs that still are in the final version.

Users who are viewing this thread