build my new pc

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
now, after over 8 years of using, it was time to rebuild my pc.

before it was mainly this:
  • Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX 990FX
  • AMD FX-8120 3100 AM3+ Black Edition
  • Asus Nvidia GTX 760

now it is:
  • Asus Prime B450M-A Mainboard Sockel AM4
  • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G 4,2GHz AM4 6MB Cache
and still the same graficcard GTX 760

now here comes the interesting thing. looking at my parts the motherboard and also the cpu are really basic ones. so i would have a longer look for a new graficcard and not already bought one. so putting all parts together yesterday ( new case, old PSU, new MB and CPU and RAM. so all needed to built together again ) and i was just surprised that is not need more than closer over 1 hours to made this and even more suprised, everything was working from first switch on. lol no error, no beeping, no "nothing happened" lol

but now here comes the biggest mirracle at all...
just trying a round battlefield in the evening an starting in the settings i had before. old system was running in low settings with 70-80 FPS. so just tried middle..ok around 90 fps, high...still 80-90...ultra...60-70 fps WTFFF....running in ultra with this old graficcard???
so you can see that the old motherboard or cpu was having a big bottleneck and this prevent the power what this graficcard could do, or what good work the combination of the new parts doing....i prepared myself to buy a new graficcard for 200.- to 300.- € but now i will not. all is fine and i have a fine running system for around 250.- €. :D :D

Did you really have to share this? Has got me thinking… 😄

Did you have to get memory too?

That bundle for me would be £350 including memory which would be affordable. My current PC is 7 years old. My current graphics card is a GTX1050Ti so would possibly get similar results. This existing hardware could be used to make a decent server too. 🤔

My current setup:

and a NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB which is a few years old.

OK, I will need to investigate further as I don't need a new case or power supply. Didn't realise mine was 7 years old.

I'm gonna be upgrading at some point just waiting for the Zen 3 from AMD

If you dont want to play fs2020 on ultra and only play a game from 2013 its no wonder the graphics card still works

Im curious wether the new nvidia generation will change prices a bit - to say 500 dollars is the cost of midclass is the worest of all

New Rtx3070 from Nvidia is 499$ on their site, and as Jayztwocents (youtuber) said its faster than 2080ti. This is not the time for gpu upgrades, must wait to 30 series launch.

Agree :) but if the prices will be close to announced i believe that used gpu market will become more interesting and AMD will need to fight prices too. Now i see 600€ for used 2080ti if it will drop to 300€ it would be good.

Top of the range graphics cards must be the most waste of money you can do as they are soon outperformed by the mid range next gen. Even built-in graphics aren't that bad nowaday.

I can remember playing a very early version of FS on an IBM PC, even squinting didn't improve the look.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: lakaelo
Top of the range graphics cards must be the most waste of money you can do as they are soon outperformed by the mid range next gen. Even built-in graphics aren't that bad nowaday.

I can remember playing a very early version of FS on an IBM PC, even squinting didn't improve the look.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Doesn't look that different from the Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.

So pricing that for me with 32gb ram comes in under £300 which seems pretty good. Not had an AMD processor for a looong time. Definitely thinking about this.

This is my new pc I ordered via Chillblast, back in September. Haven't a clue how to build a pc, so went for a custom build.

The GPU is a bit "under-powered", compared to the rest of it, but one day I'll hopefully go overboard with that as well and upgrade it to something stupid (like much of the rest of the build!).
That said, the GPU is coping quite well with Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 (obviously not anywhere near ultra max settings).
GTA5, Assassins Creed Valhalla, Red Dead 2, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Forza 4 & 7, The Crew 2, Battlefield 1, 4 and 5 are all pretty much (if not totally) maxed out in the graphics, so it looks bloody good, despite the fact my gaming skills are shite!!! ;):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

PROCESSOR: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X CPU, 12 Cores / 24 Threads, 3.8 - 4.6GHz
Free Game Bundle: FREE Assassin's Creed Valhalla
Power Supply: Corsair RM650x 80 PLUS Gold 650W PSU
GRAPHICS CARD: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB Graphics Card
CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 Case - Black Tempered Glass
MOTHERBOARD: Asus Prime X570-P Motherboard
COOLER: Corsair Hydro H115i RGB PLATINUM CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste: Arctic Silver 5 Thermal Paste
Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz AMD Ryzen Tuned Memory (2 x 16GB Sticks)
Case Cooling: Additional Cooling Fans Upgrade Pack
OS Drive: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 510 M.2 PCIe Solid State Drive
Solid State Drives: 500GB Seagate BarraCuda Solid State Drive
Hard Drives: Seagate 4TB BarraCuda 5400RPM Hard Disk
Optical Drive: 24x CD-RW Drive
Sound Card: Asus Strix Raid Pro Gaming Soundcard Set
Case Lighting: Blue LED Case Lighting 🤦‍♂️🤣

So pricing that for me with 32gb ram comes in under £300 which seems pretty good. Not had an AMD processor for a looong time. Definitely thinking about this.
For their price/performance I'd defiantly say AMD either 5600x/5900x depending on your needs

Had a quick look at bits and there is quite a choice but only the top of range seems available. Will look at specs needed for flight sim as a guide and then some pre-built PCs for comparison. I feel a spreadsheet in my future!

Reactions: SkinnyDave
All AMD Zen3/Nvidia 30xx/new AMD gpu's are very hard to get at the moment, and being sold for £300+ rrp as I'm finding out 😓

Reactions: SkinnyDave

Users who are viewing this thread