Bread and Butter pudding

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Butter slices of stale bread (this was sourdough).
Put a layer of the bread in the dish.
Sprinkle some muscovado sugar (doesn't need much) and some raisons and/or mixed fruit. You can add stuff like cinnamon if you want
Repeat the steps above.
Then lightly whisk 4 eggs and 700ml of milk and pour over the bread.
Put into a pre-warmed oven set for 180°C and bake for about 35 minutes or until the top starts to brown and crisp up.
Serve.

One variation is to cook for longer with the dish in another dish with hot water. This can take longer but you get a more soufflé type pudding.

9B15F814 16A0 466A 9154 143D8A5B5DAF

I love B+B Pud 😍
For even better results use Panettone (Italian Xmas Cake) instead of bread or mixed in with the bread.....unbelievable 😋
Only problem is when we have Panettone it never lasts long enough to go stale 😂
Do try it Glen, if you like B+B pud you'll love it 👍

Where I come from we make it almost like that and call it arme Ritter(poor knight)

There is another variant called Karthäuser Klöse, where you take Brötchen whatever that is in english :D

Grind the crust of them away. Put the remaining bread in milk and egg for an hour at least. Then roll the bread in the breadcrumbs (mixed with cinamon) you grinded away.

Put it immediateley in a hot pan with some clarified butter. Serve with some vanilla sauce ;)

Now you have sweet Schnitzel :D

That sounds like it is worth a try. I think it is just a way to use up stale bread. The best bit is the top though!

Reactions: Riot_co
i never had that in my life, will give it a try for holidays

Reactions: Ch8nge
Hard thing is to get it soaked all the way through so may have to pour some milk over it after half an hour or so

And it has to be old bread I forgot to mention

Reactions: Riot_co
ok i think it is time. we got stale bread at home finally, will buy another small loaf to dry out a bit to have enough and some cooking cream to compliment and raise that fat content. Doing this this week YAAAY so looking forward to it!! <3 yumyumyum

• Love
Reactions: glenwilson

Users who are viewing this thread