Blueberry chocolates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Diabeetus intensifies 😍

atleast your fingers slide better over the keyboard :D

Cadburys did a blueberry flavoured chocolate bar that has been discontinued.

When shopping the other week we found 500g of blueberries being sold cheap as they were at their sell by date. In the afternoon we may have some fruit with a piece of cheese or a small piece of cake. So we had used some that way but still had some left over. Rather than waste them I dehydrated some, melted some chocolate added the dried berries and put them in the moulds. They actually tasted great the only trouble was that because the size of the blueberries were different, some smaller ones were vey dry but larger ones were just right.

As we still had some left I just cut them in half and added them to some chocolate to see what that was like. Because they were fresh they were not quite as concentrated in flavour but still tasted really good. The other day we found some more berries reduced in price so made some more chocolates.

By the time you buy the chocolate and the berries they are not cheap but do taste good. We don't just sit and scoff them, they do last quite a while! For example, when we do a cross channel shopping run 😭 we would go to Leonidas at Calais and get a 1kg box of their chocs. That box would last nearly 4 months. So no immediate diabetes danger! 😊

Most of the time we have loads of steamed veg with dinner with one junk food day for something like egg and chips and on Saturday a home made take-out meal of a curry or stir-fry.

These ones look a bit off when de-moulded but taste OK bure quite sweet. The white chocolate is a lot sweeter than normal milk or dark so will stick with that for any more we make.

Have done chocs with a home made salted caramel centre that my mum thought we had bought! We did put them in a fancy bag which maybe helped to fool her!

• Haha
Reactions: The_Hellr1der

Users who are viewing this thread