Black pepper Tea/syrup thingie

• Thread starter Deleted member 2634
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
So does that mean I can use that when the Mrs says we should get rid of it? Thanks for the explanation. Probably did know that from dino school but that was quite a long time ago.

Currently growing my Lemons. I heard it will take up to 10 years until I get my first lemons :O
It depends on the way you got your plant, if your plant comes from a seed then yes, you'll wait for 10 years till the very first fruits. You can make this faster by grafting a branch from an already fruiting plant (which will spread 'hormones' into your seedling) and make it fruit faster.

If your plant comes from a cutting that you've rooted and this was from a fruiting plant, you should have your first fruit in about 3-4 years. Mine gave first after 6 though.

It depends on the way you got your plant, if your plant comes from a seed then yes, you'll wait for 10 years till the very first fruits. You can make this faster by grafting a branch from an already fruiting plant (which will spread 'hormones' into your seedling) and make it fruit faster.

If your plant comes from a cutting that you've rooted and this was from a fruiting plant, you should have your first fruit in about 3-4 years. Mine gave first after 6 though.

I come from Germany. You can buy plants at your local gardener, or magical appeared fruits from trucks in supermarkets :D I cant easily get a branch i fear so more waiting ;)

Reactions: lakaelo
And its kinda "cheap". A bit lemontree with dozents of fruits on it are mostly under 50.- euros.

Since we have no "garden" and not a lot of space I'm kinda happy it doesnt spread so much^^ I like plants with purpouse. The wife however loves her Yucca Palm :D

I come from Germany. You can buy plants at your local gardener, or magical appeared fruits from trucks in supermarkets :D I cant easily get a branch i fear so more waiting ;)

I see, don't worry, most gardeners still propagate citruses by planting a cutting, so most likely you'll see fruits sooner than you think.
One last thing - you should pollinate your flowers, if you see any. If you look at my picture, you'll see the ear-picking stick. That's the best, or you can use a brush, dip it in a flower, collect some pollen and then get a bit of it to the other flowers. :) Hope it helps.

I see, don't worry, most gardeners still propagate citruses by planting a cutting, so most likely you'll see fruits sooner than you think.
One last thing - you should pollinate your flowers, if you see any. If you look at my picture, you'll see the ear-picking stick. That's the best, or you can use a brush, dip it in a flower, collect some pollen and then get a bit of it to the other flowers. :) Hope it helps.

Ah never mentioned I took a seed from a lemon and stuck it in some soil. Stuff you do bored out from corona

that'll take ten years then... if it's a nice plant, you might consider getting a store-bought one that bears fruits and grafting a branch to it... :)

Or just wait... :) it's satisfying when it finally gives fruits... and it might even taste better :) good luck!

Not all mosses are good for you, Im sure if I got hold of Kate Moss she would kill me very slowly.😜

If anyone wants some Scottish Moss we seem to have an abundance of that though. Not sure what actual function the moss does in the food chain though.
Never heard of it, until your posting.

Apparently it s "superfood"...

Perhaps Infi can add this to his recipe to?

Scottish moss in full production here. Pretty sure that the green stuff is about 5% grass and 95% moss. Then you get the other moss off the roof too. Chances of a lemon tree growing here is about zero, wrong soil type. Be OK if you wanted to make plates and mugs from the clay though! Even herbs won't grow in this soil. The cage is covering some reseeded grass.

B147DC5A 692B 4970 A942 B27718941163

Users who are viewing this thread