Black pepper Tea/syrup thingie

• Thread starter Deleted member 2634
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Deleted member 2634

Deleted member 2634

Huehuehue
8 Apr 2018
Hey guys,
with the covid going on, I was looking for ways to boost immunity...and keep it delicious... here's a way

Black Pepper Honey Tea - looks like puddle water, tastes delicious
First of all what you'll need
  • black pepper (lots of it, because you won't end up doing just one batch)
  • honey (even if it goes a bit acidic is fine)
  • cinammon sticks
  • ginger (fresh preffered)
  • lemons (homegrown if possible)

you'll need a pestle and mortar
for one litre of syrup you'll want to put two to three teaspoons of black pepper into pestle and mortar and grind them to semi-fine (just so it's strainable)

then, you need three tablespoons of honey (perhaps 4)

a stick of cinnamon

a smaller lemon

and about 200 g of (prefferably) brown sugar

about a thumbnail size piece of ginger

dump it all in a pot (about 1.3 litres atleast), add a litre of water
the lemon should be finely cut in slices (you'll want to keep the peel on)

get it boiling, then turn down the heat.

Once it's manageable, strain it into a bottle.

You can use it to make cold or hot drinks, you may add milk.

both cold and hot drinks are great :)

Enjoy...stay healthy :)

Last edited:
I ll start on the lemons home growing first...

Hope u like ☺ let us know if you make it... 2cm-ish in a glass is enough btw. If you like spicy drinks add more pepper 😅

Initial thought was 🤮 but on reading the recipe it all sound reasonable with the pepper the surprise ingredient. Might try a small batch.

When I first has arthritis in a knee the doctor we had was just walk a lot and that will helpWhich was stupid as walking on it was hard and painful. Tried usual pain killers but didn't really do much. Near where I worked there was a Chinese remedy place that I thought might be worth a try. So after the 'consultation' I came away with a selection of stuff. The rubs weren't bad but there was also this 'herbal' tea. Followed the instructions and tried it. It was absolutely disgusting. Actually made me barf. Looked like it was stiff somebody had scraped up off a forest floor.

Initial thought was 🤮 but on reading the recipe it all sound reasonable with the pepper the surprise ingredient. Might try a small batch.
That initial thought made me think of this:
that's the batch I made yesterday, well
the slogan of this could be - looks like puddle water, tastes delicious.

I was really into all kinds of soda pops at one point... this is so much better than any.

That initial thought made me think of this:
View attachment 10033
that's the batch I made yesterday, well
the slogan of this could be - looks like puddle water, tastes delicious.

I was really into all kinds of soda pops at one point... this is so much better than any.
If I make beer my self it always looks bad because I can't filter it 100% but the taste is all that matters

Reactions: CapHunterx
The chances of us growing our own lemons ever is about 0.00000000001% Even allowing for climate change.

If anyone wants some Scottish Moss we seem to have an abundance of that though. Not sure what actual function the moss does in the food chain though.

Reactions: CapHunterx
The chances of us growing our own lemons ever is about 0.00000000001% Even allowing for climate change.

If anyone wants some Scottish Moss we seem to have an abundance of that though. Not sure what actual function the moss does in the food chain though.
mosses are really effective in converting CO2 to O2 and glucose. and some mosses have the abillity to absorb N2 and get it inside the food chain. we humans neet nitrogen but we can absorb it our self. so we need producents to absorb it and put in a state we can absorb. there are not many organisms that can do this. and all of our nitrogen comes from some mosses and some fungi.

so we can life without them :D

Users who are viewing this thread