Bfv Trailers

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
The BFV latest trailer is interesting. Played a few of the recent BF1 maps which do feel better than the original release maps. Even playing the BFV alpha ( need to plan holidays better next time ) there was an initial “ Oooo this is nice” feeling but after a few rounds it was de ja vue with BF1 and the game play.

At the moment I am thinking about buying BFV but I know it wouldn’t be as good value as BF3 or BF4. I still really have fun playing BF4. A huge part is playing with people you know and having fun. When you get dicks, abusive players or cheats you can deal with them. EA obviously thought they were missing out on the server rental cash so went that route with BF1. Without the flexibility you get like we do with BF4 you don’t have the same experience.

To be honest I am looking forward to playing Spyro on the PS4 when it gets released in an updated form. It looks like they have taken the original and updated the visuals. They could have done that with BF2 and I am sure they would sell a lot as the gameplay was good. The Spyro games were fun to play and have played through them before and will do so again. Running a graphics update on BF2 and even running it on a BF3 engine would get people interested because of the fun playing it.

BFV runs on my PC but I would probably have to spend a lot of £s to get it looking stunning.

Well they think that bf2 is tooo hardcore for the audience...

(I dont know about EA i resisted jumping on the EA bashing train but they suck...
They fucked up so many games... Command and Conquer, Mass Effect have been sooo good...)

Small studios and publishers seem to make the hot games now. But they almost seem to be too hardcore for me.

Well before I will buy bf5 i will save the money to play tropico 6 with my girlfriend :)

Reactions: glenwilson
It is like a lot of game styles, racing games are far too technical and realistic. Where have all the simple, anyone can play, even those that don’t drive fun racing games gone? Everything seems to be far too complicated than they should be to “add value” but they lose sight of them being fun.

If I want a simulation game then something like FSX is much better. And useful too, especially when you are flying and there is an announcement “Both pilots are incapacitated, can anyone on board fly a 737-800?” <raises hand>

My wife plays Final Fantasy games on the Playstation. Whilst the improvement in consoles from PS1 to PS4 have improved the visual appearance the basic gameplay and style has been consistent until recently.

Car manufacturers gradually evolve a car model over the years and when bringing out a new version you can see the heritage. You want the new model to appeal to existing customers to retain their business. If it is a big change then it gets a different name or model number.

EA/DICE have gone after the console market but have compromised the heritage by forgetting all the loyalty they have built up over the years from those that have purchased the games as they came out. I guess Hardline was first indication of where they were going. It would have been better to spin that off as just Hardline without the BF tag.

It is like a lot of game styles, racing games are far too technical and realistic. Where have all the simple, anyone can play, even those that don’t drive fun racing games gone? Everything seems to be far too complicated than they should be to “add value” but they lose sight of them being fun.

If I want a simulation game then something like FSX is much better. And useful too, especially when you are flying and there is an announcement “Both pilots are incapacitated, can anyone on board fly a 737-800?” <raises hand>
so true. i had similar thoughts some days back i read the post about football manager 2019. i had some of the older ones of them and mostly liked it althought i don´t liked the "coach" part of this games. come on this game is called football MANAGER !!!! why i have to coach the player and have to do the line up?? i think its ok for the most player and they like it but i don´t i will play a manager game how the name is. so why they don´t put a "auto-coach" in this game for all the guys who like to play it the managment way and you can tick it whne you will use it or not. but for me i don´t need any fancy play simulation with 50 different option how i coach all my players.

that is like a virus in the gaming world. most developer will make a game what you nearly cant differantiate from real life or a movie. but they miss that most of us will have a easy jump into a game and have a easy entrance and good experience in the short gametime we have.
true you are impressed by some grafical highlights in a game but i think no one is saying after 50 or 100 hours gametime "...omg look how amazing the building is collapsing...." or "....my god what a brilliant tree anymation when the wind in shaking the boughs...". that is only bullshit for the press/media but they missed what we all want. a long time game fun. that why all this new releases lost 70% of there player after 6 month after the release date. if you are a slightly above average player you have all plugins, weapons and upgrades after a handfull month and you have the highest rank. what should come next?? nothing, searching a new game.

compare it with bf2. i played this for years and not reached the highest rank. same to the server rental program. after 3 weeks you have always some übersoldiers in every game and clans will manage there server to there is a balanced gameplay and everyone can have fun. no farming, cheating or flaming. this is why most of us still having fun on a game like bf4 and like to play on a managed server and not on some rondom unadmited server....

end of this rant....EA killed the battlefield frenchise...

Totally agree. Another thing I thought of is that if you have a 4K TV with an amazing picture but sound is awful you would never enjoy what you are watching. However, if the picture is even black and white but with good sound you could still watch it and enjoy it. The same with games except pretty doesn’t mean fun which is why 8bit and old consoles and emulators are popular.

Users who are viewing this thread