BFV folder locations etc.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Here are the folder locations I found and some of the potential issues.

Give admin authority to origin.exe found in (normally)
c:/program files (x86)/origin/
<game disk>:\origin\Battlefield V

Make folders readable. Using an admin account on the PC go to file explorer and then right click on your game drive (if not C:) and then choose properties. Under security give users full control if you haven't all ready. Making the folder not Read-only seems to leave the folder as read-only but when it says make changes when trying to install this should give permissions to make changes.

Add protected mode to various folders. To do this:

1.Open the Windows Security app by clicking the shield icon in the task bar or searching the start menu for Defender.
2.Click the Virus & threat protection tile (or the shield icon on the left menu bar) and then click Ransomware protection.
3.Set the switch for Controlled folder access to On.
4. Then added Origin and game folders

<game locations>\Origin\

If you don't have Win 10

Try re-installing Origin:

1.Close the Origin client.
2.Open the Control Panel (find it by searching “Control Panel” in the Start menu).
3.Click on Uninstall a program under Programs.
  • 4.Try lowering the User Access Control settings:
    •Close the Origin client.
    •Click the Windowsbutton and type "UAC" in the search field.
    •In the User Access Control window, click and hold the slide bar —slide it to the lowest setting available.
    •Click Ok at the bottom of the window.
5.Click on Origin and uninstall.
6.Reinstall Origin, then try installing your game again.

Try running Origin as an administrator:
6.Close the Origin client.
7.Right-click the Origin client icon on your desktop (or in the Origin directory if not on your desktop) and click Run As Administrator.

Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: General_Misery
This is what I get when trying to download
If I delete a game and then try to install again I get this again even though the folder is there
Same if I try downloading Bad Company ????

My c-disc (SSD) got almost full so I select another folder i.e I create a new folder on one of the other hard drives I got; works fine albeit with a slower start-up phase. Some of the game files still wind up on c:

After proding around for hours with all back to original settings decided to uninstall Origin and reinstall. When it was all done tried to download the game but the same as above. Closed Origin and restarted with run as admin and it started downloading a BF1 update, when that finished clicked BF5 download and it is downloading now.
The problem I think was with Origin as I tried many times with run as admin before and it didnt help. Anyway its nearly half way with the download giving you all time to go and have a shave as Riz is coming in T-Bag mode:tbag::tbag::tbag:

Reactions: lakaelo
may also be worth editing the registry for any Battlefield V references - that was the rouble I had.

Windows-X
Command (Admin)
regedit <enter>
Ctrl-F

Battlefield V and see if there are any directory entries. Be careful though!

Bfv

Users who are viewing this thread