bf4 specs

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
that could be the killer steff, if they don't fuck em!!!!!!!

Guys im running i52500 at 4.8, 8gb memory, i no their fine it, small worry is my duel 6950's, i think there be fine no sure thou,

Thoughts?

well m8 we will find out soon enough, I suspect there is a lot of bullshit being promoted atm from EA/Dice, I know when BF3 released recommended specs meant that my rig at the time should have been inferior but I happily ran it at high settings & when I did upgrade I saw only meh frame rate improvements

And what about that crap about Win 8, it must be sponsored by M$ - they need all the help they can get to turnaround lacklustre sales... :p

Well from what I've seen you do scrape a few more fps in certain games with W8 compared to W7 and 7 doesn't support all features of DX 11.1 (or support DX 11.2) so could be down to that.

Hmmm, compelling reasons indeed; I'm sure copies of Windows 8 will be flying out of the shops when this becomes common knowledge. And EA is not in bed with MS. :D

As someone wrote: "As for PC gamers, will it be worth it to upgrade to Windows 8 from Win 7 just because of the new Direct X 11.1 feature? Probably not. The difference will hardly be noticeable for most gamers, especially if they’re running a modern CPU. We’d much rather spend the money towards a better graphics card than upgrade Windows at this point." I concur.

First benches are also in:

http://gamegpu.ru/action-/-fps-/-tps/battlefield-4-beta-test-gpu.html

Seems to be very well multi-threaded (CPU). Moar cores/threads, more fps.
I wonder how much Mantle will increase fps on systems with AMD-Cards with GCN in December. If the gains are more than 20% the old 7970Ghz might even be very close to Titan/OC'd 780.
Anywhichway I'll wait until December for my upgrade in order to see how much the Mantle-Patch brings and if BF4 will be in the Never-Settle-Bundle for the R9 290(X).

Users who are viewing this thread