BF4 Server packet loss

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
I know a few people have been commenting on this whilst playing on our BF4 server but there does seem to often be packet loss (indicated by the onscreen in-game symbol).

I have checked network connections and settings and all the physical cables from cable modem to router to PC. All of those are pretty short so no loss caused by long cable length runs. I've played on other servers and have not noticed it when playing on them, even full 64 slot servers. I've joined ours during the day and been the only one on and still was getting an indication that packet loss was occurring. I've also experimented with in-game network smoothing setting and other settings too but still get the issue.

Just wondering if others get this as well or is it an issue with the server.

Network are so difficult to diagnose but in this case it does point to the server. Yesterday played on servers from Europe and the U.S. and it was only ours that had the issue. Will see how it is after the restart.

One thing to try is to disable the procon too and run it without any plugins.
Also I seen that some people are now constantly on procon, I'm not sure if many people monitering will have an ill affect.

I dont get kicked out but my ping is been jumping between normal and 2-3x normal very often and it happens only on our server. :p

I can only play a short while on our server before I get a no connection screen and yet I can spend hours on the weapon training map and on one of the recommended servers. Ive been pulling my hair out making changes to CPU GPU and memory speeds and now you are telling me it could be the server :mad:
LOL im still trying to fine tune it all and should be up to speed in a week or two.
Never had these problems with good old BF2.

i always have packet loss no matter what time of day or what my ping is, my internet and pintest comeback really well i think its just the game itself

I can only play a short while on our server before I get a no connection screen and yet I can spend hours on the weapon training map and on one of the recommended servers. Ive been pulling my hair out making changes to CPU GPU and memory speeds and now you are telling me it could be the server :mad:
LOL im still trying to fine tune it all and should be up to speed in a week or two.
Never had these problems with good old BF2.

lol we are only talking about the oacket loss. with that you get shown 3 or 4 little sqoures top right in the corner from time to time. your lost connection should be a nother problem. have you ever tried to restart your router or switch off your firewall?

I have had the packet loss when I'm the only one on the server and with no procon active. Yesterday it was fine as I didn't notice any packet loss symbol appearing at all but today it was back again.

^About case of uncle Glen, im sure its just that old folks forgets their packets somewhere and later notices "im lost it" :rolleyes: Hihihi. :welsh:

I' sure that I have never done that, er, done what? What was I sayi.... Oh never mind, it will come back to me.

I think its just a bf4 feature, hell i was watching a level cap video abd he was getting regular packet loss as well

Activated the QoS (Quality of Service) setting on my router and that seems to be making a difference.

Played a few rounds since enabling it and I'm not getting packet loss like I was previously and I'm finding that I'm getting some good rounds in. As I can only assume that as I'm playing the same as before the QoS on the router has helped.

There are settings in the QoS setup that does enable IP addresses and ports to be added but the default seems to be OK.

Last edited:
Since enabling QoS on the router I think I have been getting better scores in BF4. Obviously each round is different but mu k/d has improved (if you look carefully :) ).

I also changed my broadband contract. Though 200mbps down was nice I mainly needed it for uploads (10mbps) so I changed to 100/5 and saved £40 a month!

For testing broadband speeds and quality I have been using Speed test - how fast is your internet? | DSLReports, ISP Information

Maybe worth having a look at.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread