BF4 Frustrations

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
After a week of BF4 lockups I think I have finally found the solution. The problems started with the Second Assault update being installed (or so I thought). You could play for a while and then the PC would just lockup. Not the usual sound loop but it would just stop. Other times BF4 would stop responding especially if you switched screens to the browser or something else, all open apps would gradually stop responding with the only other way out being a forced reboot.

Tried to be systematic in diagnosing the issue. All the temps were well within limits with CPU at about 35° and the box around 45°. Checked software installs (only BF4 had changed). Deleted and reinstalled it. No difference. Checked for windows updates and uninstalled them. No difference.

Trawled through the Windows event viewer and logs and noticed that the windows SSD was giving a few error messages. Prepared for a replacement SSD with backups and then thought I would check cables etc. still no difference. Another check finally showed that the SATA cable to the Windows SSD was loose at the motherboard end. Hadn't moved the PC for ages so that shouldn't have been the cause. I can only think that when the central heating broke it was cold enough for the cable to tighten up or shrink slightly and then get warm when the PC was running.

Played a few rounds without any problems (other than my own lack of skill) so I'm hoping that really was the cause. Sorry BF4 for blaming you.

I wish that developers would write more posts like the rubber banding one from EA/Dice. Doesn't solve the problems but it does let us know what is happening and being investigated. It can take a while to gather the correct information in order to develop the fix. Since fixing the SATA cable I have only had a couple of Battlefield has ended closures and they where at the end of the round.

is it just me or has the game got worse since the update, i find im getting 1 hit killed all the time now, even worse than the release. I mean since when can a nade kill a tank ffs. Eveyone is using shot guns and hs from across the map, though walls and though tanks etc. I have had it with the game it just really annoys me everytime i play..

is it just me or has the game got worse since the update, i find im getting 1 hit killed all the time now, even worse than the release. I mean since when can a nade kill a tank ffs. Eveyone is using shot guns and hs from across the map, though walls and though tanks etc. I have had it with the game it just really annoys me everytime i play..

I can second that, exactly what I've felt... :( Or is it just me getting worse lol

I don't know if it's cos I've been playing cs:go for a while now but I've become a lot more shit since the patch :p

They tweaked the heavy barrel a bit now.I pay mostly scar h and noticed a bit of a difference when aiming

it's amazing how patch after patch the game gradually gets worse, they're adding some new features which i like but adding to bf4's problems is really testing my love of the franchise at times. i personally don't think they can patch the game to make it acceptable, there seems to be to many core problems with the game.

and it's very annoying that they said they wouldn't release any dlc until it got fixed, still waiting on that you cocks

Lol it's still fun play, so what if i get 1 shot killed etc bullshit sometimes. I dont understand all whine i hear, but maybe some people are more serious players than me. :p

I agree Heik its still fun to play but its the randomness that does my head in.
At some point I want the limited skill I have to actually mean something, otherwise I would just go play the slot machines...

But OT yeah I think the last patch realy changed the "feel" of the game too, and not for the better. Oh and I'll put it out there the AWS is WAAAAAY overpowered... Its going to be the only gun used pretty soon.

Yes Loeft you are right, stats looks and my experience feels like all Naval Strike guns especially AWS are super weapons. SW40 is like Rex of BF3 with worse deviation but have good combination of stopping power and firerate, accurate enough at close range. AWS have very low recoil and accuracy of assault rifle and feels almost like ACE23 with clip of 100. That new PDW shoots with firerate of 900 and makes 40 damage so it's like UMP45 what shoots half faster, if it's accuracy is not terrible that gun is propably damn good... New recon sniper rifle is semiauto .338 "super DMR" :p

AW: BF4 Frustrations

AWS? pffff...
Yesterday everytime i see Heikki in my scope of my CS-LR4, he get tired and lay on the ground. :tbag:[h=4][/h]

I saw alot of the aws this weekend on the op locker.hardcore server I play on it it's a pretty badass strain

i thought the m249 had not much recoil :D then the mg4 came and showed me how a weapon without side recoil feels :D

and now as it wouldnt be worse enought the AWS comes and is even more badass :D

why i tell you this three weapons names ? :D they all have the same rpm :D the highest of the lmgs :D and they are all badass :D but the AWS.... hope it gets a fix soon ^^ but before i have to do my service star with it ^^
( i want to play every weapon to 1 servicestar and then i play the overpowered weapons ^^)

I watched lebel.calls video on aws and he was saying the aws has the same damage model as an assault rifle.. instead of the lmg damage rifle( it's firing assault rifle rounds not lmg rounds) so it might get a patch sometime.

Re: AW: BF4 Frustrations

AWS? pffff...
Yesterday everytime i see Heikki in my scope of my CS-LR4, he get tired and lay on the ground. :tbag:[h=4][/h]

Lol i could only kill 1-2 first guys i met and then you camping recon cock shot me from bushes whole Caspian round. ;)

I think the killcam is borked and a big culprit in making the game frustrating. So many times yesterday I was getting killed by folk who could have only shot through many many walls. It was obvious from their scores that they weren't cheating (or at least not obviously) otherwise why would you have a k/d of less than 1. I still think there are some folk cheating in some form but they are becoming more subtle in the way they are doing it.

Users who are viewing this thread