BF4 Frustrations

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Given some of the comments I think that the code/network may give that cheat feeling for some kills but I still feel that there are cheaters who are being careful.

What I'm currently finding frustrating are the BF4 crashes on the PC. It is almost as though there is a cache filling up somewhere and that causes the crash. I'll need to set a stopwatch to see if there is a certain amount of playing time before it happens. Checked for the usual things like HD space, temps on CPU/GPU and logs show no spikes or anything strange. Only BF4 crashes nothing else. Reinstall and drivers don't seem to make any difference. Have learnt to wait for the round to finish before rejoining if I've had quite a few points so I don't lose them.

Well they patched it, to get rid of the motion blur bug and to fix the audio and frame drops. Also to get rid of the 1 shot kill bug...We will have to see. They however didnt fix any of the stability issues lol.

From what I read all those issues still exist for a lot of people...

hm what still isnt fixed is the SPAWNONSQUADMEMBER dead ;) you still have a black screen for 2 seconds and no spawngodmode to give you any chance to react !

thats kinda baaaad ^^ I tend spawn on very safe flags cause i had dead spawns so often ^^

(and the screen where you see your squadmembers vision doesnt help cause you have to look at his back to know wether he is safe or not+ i dont want to ghost somebody for 5 seconds before respawning)

loadtime shortened a lit at least for me thats kinda gooood ;)

The game seems to run smoother for me at least. The 1 shot kill bug is sort of still there from time to time and i do agree the spawn on squad member is a pain but tbh spawning is a pain as there is no spawn protection.

The game seems to run smoother for me at least. The 1 shot kill bug is sort of still there from time to time and i do agree the spawn on squad member is a pain but tbh spawning is a pain as there is no spawn protection.

There seems spawn protection but only if you dont move straight away i think not sure though i already shot on spawining guys and couldnt kill them with 10 bullets in the body ;)

I have been killed many times before i have been able to see the screen so i havnt got any spawn protection at all. I have heard the same story from many people.

Yeah steffos if u move s little bit after spawningg you are not protected by the spam protection but if u spawn and don't move I think your safe for 1 -2 seconds

Yeah steffos if u move s little bit after spawningg you are not protected by the spam protection but if u spawn and don't move I think your safe for 1 -2 seconds

yeah... but its a reflex from bf2 ;) always run a bit if you spawn ;) thats my logic but i have to get out of that in bf4/bf3 -.- and that seems impossible to me :D

but in bf3 it was way less dangerous to spawn on squadmembers!

I think the game sucks sometimes. There are times when you can battle away with a tank hitting another but it seems to only take them a couple of hits to destroy you. They have the same tank set-up so what is the difference. I know I'm not that good yet I have had a couple of rounds over the last few days where I was pretty good, as in scoring something like 10:1 initially (which is really unlike me) though it wasn't that good at the end it was still not too bad. I was having a game that I usually experience from the other side where shots were counting and getting good kills. This evening it felt like I was either firing blanks or I was getting shot pretty easily. One example was being in a tank and not knowing where the shots were coming from, turns out Andy was behind me though the game was showing the opposite. My point is that this game still needs work on the basics. You would think that the experience they got from BF3 would help with a lot of these issues but it doesn't appear to be.

i had the same today. on some maps i dont hit a house and on some other maps all running fine. beside that i got a lot high lag spikes today. sometimes it goes 3-5 seconds back in time lol think it is a lot about the gamecode. in your own view it looks like you hit something but for the game it isnt.

Ive found being a tank whore these days (Had lessons off Bruce) in the majority of games you can switch weapons really fast (Sabot round & Staff shell) and keep a very fast rate of fire to the point where the opponent doesn't stand a chance.
But some games you switch weapons and it doesn't let you fire for a long period of time so you stand no chance..
The rounds are there to be fired but there seems some sort of delay (Lag ???)

@Glen I don't trust the hit register marker anymore, I've had so times where you turn to the direction of fire to find no one there
Only to realise there the other side of you....
Now I go on instinct, well I try but my game style is rush rush then look

Generally the hit register seems to be OK apart from odd occasions like when you were firing at me. The best on is still the red ring of death when you spawn in the middle of a group.

Tanks puzzle me sometimes as you can have exactly the same set-up as the other player and be face to face ( so no easy up the rear kill) fire the same number of rounds and still get killed.

My other pet peev is the bale out of a heli and get killed by it. That just doesn't make sense from a physics point of view. If you bale you are going to be going sideways or at least away from the vehicle and momentum should be propelling the heli forwards at a decent speed. Letting go of the controls doesn't stop it dead in the air so you can get it by it. I know your character will also have momentum too but it should be less and in a different direction.

I am loving the MTAR at the moment. It is just soooo nice I could lick it! I am not frustrated by it at all!

I think the game sucks sometimes. There are times when you can battle away with a tank hitting another but it seems to only take them a couple of hits to destroy you. They have the same tank set-up so what is the difference. I know I'm not that good yet I have had a couple of rounds over the last few days where I was pretty good, as in scoring something like 10:1 initially (which is really unlike me) though it wasn't that good at the end it was still not too bad. I was having a game that I usually experience from the other side where shots were counting and getting good kills. This evening it felt like I was either firing blanks or I was getting shot pretty easily. One example was being in a tank and not knowing where the shots were coming from, turns out Andy was behind me though the game was showing the opposite. My point is that this game still needs work on the basics. You would think that the experience they got from BF3 would help with a lot of these issues but it doesn't appear to be.

the shot direction view doent work correctly most of the time. just give dice a few month to repair the game correctly. i played bf2 again the other day and was gettin a little bit angry cause its much harder to control. and u have only a few options of weapons, vehicles or moves.

i think its even worser that my c4 kills as suporter doesnt count :)

Last edited:
This is just a moan!

Some weird stuff going on. Installed and played second assault. PC would just lock-up on what appeared to be only 64 players maps. Playing on less than 64 player maps seemed to be a solution but... they started to lock-up too. Tried the suggestions I've seen in chat but they didn't seem to be 100% as iI could play for a while and then it would happen again. Tried playing with 32 bit version of the game and a complete reinstall but no luck.

If I played BF4 and it crashed, and then tried to use something else like Lightroom eventually the whole PC would grind to a halt. Just using the PC without going near BF4 meant it worked OK.

Did a Windows restore to pre-Second Assault. Started game. Tried to play Second Assault and get please install Second Assault. What! Go to Origin and it is all "up to date". No option to install or anything. So having to reinstall from scratch to see how that does!

Playing BF3 everything works OK and using all the other stuff on the PC also works fine. Can't find anything else that has been updated recently or any Windows / Office updates either.

My only theory is that as BF4 also installs some Microsoft bits too something there is getting borked and that is also affecting other progs and apps.

i have some problems too glen ;) maybe somebody has a solution for us ;)

my bf4 crashes after circa one hour of playing ;) i have that sound loop and a freezed picture.... When i start the game again i get the same issue after a short period of time again!

A friend of mine has the same problem he uses the same hardware! a GTX 660 ti(2gbvram) and an i5 3570k with 8gb of ddr3 ram :D

i wonder that we both have the same problems whereas other peeps dont seem to have this crashes anymore ... it feels more unstable as at the releasedate :D

whoever can help me... maybe i make a new thread for that issue... cause this is offtopic ^^

I'm running a GTX670, i5 3570k and 16gb of ddr3 so not that dissimilar hardware and I suspect the drivers are going to also be very similar if not the same. Frustrating as this problem seems to reoccur every so often and then gets fixed but comes back. Wasn't it also in BF3 for a while too?

Just finishing the install and have found where I can download Second Assault so I can now test it again. If you to the BF4 forums it says "WE ARE WORKING ON A FIX FOR AN ISSUE ON PC THAT CAUSES THE GAME TO FREEZE, RESULTING IN A SOUND LOOP. WE WILL SHARE MORE INFORMATION ONCE AVAILABLE. " but doesn't say anything elsewhere!

Update:

Joined the NRU server without a round being played but with other players on and it didn't crash. Joined an empty Metro server and stayed for a while and it didn't crash. Joined a Metro game in progress and crashed within a minute.

Just appears to be Second Assault maps that are borked. Game style doesn't matter (rush, TDM, CQ) they all crash.

Last edited:
you both tried to run the game on lowest settings to see if you got similar problems?

also you use the geforxe experiance to optimize gamesettings? if yes just click on bf4, than on the little wrench so you get the menü to setup how this game should be optimized. more to get better grafik or to a better pc performance.

i had similar problems with bf4 in the past till i correct the setting a bit more into better pc performance. so it don´t run out the last resources out off your hardware.

Zwischenablage02

Good suggestion. Tried that but with same result. Low, medium or Ultra just locks the game after a few minutes of play. Played for about 20 minutes on golmud and it was fine. Just seems to be Second Assault for me. I'm away for the weekend so it will be Commander on iPad for me for a few days and I'm sure EA/Dice will have fixed it by Monday!

also been having crashes with the sound loop and i'm running an AMD gpu. i was having it pre SA with the previous patch hence why i haven't been on much lately. we're all running windows 8.1 aren't we?

deleting pb & /_installer/pb worked for a while for me, could get through some rounds and then the crashing came back. atm i've got vsync on so my fps is locked at 60 and it seems to be working .... but for how long? :/ i've also got rid of the user.cfg settings that was mentioned a month or so ago

Users who are viewing this thread