BF4 Frustrations

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
glenwilson

glenwilson

NRU Heed
NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
I know that BF4 is still a juvenile and is probably having growing pains but I have some real frustrations with it at the moment. Playing BF3 again is quite refreshing and enjoyable. Don’t get me wrong but there seems to be a few things in BF4 that seem to be just odd.

Team balance
This seems to be all wrong. How many rounds have you played where in an 800 ticket game it has ended with one team still having 500 or more remaining. You can’t put that down to teams being genuine noob heavy (or light I suppose). That just seems to be way off what you would expect.

Snipers
I know most of moaned about snipers in BF3 but BF4 takes them to a whole new level. When you get a team that is 35% (and often more) playing as sniper it gets a bit weird. It can also make playing unenjoyable as they are so high up you cannot get to shoot them by normal means and have to resort to heli attacks or other drastic measure.

Weapon effectiveness
There are times when you can pound a tank with RPGs and they still are nowhere near getting disabled and when you get killed by them they show little damage. I know where you hit them and other player options will affect the damage your weapon scores but when you see your hit score 20% repeatedly and they are still near 100% that doesn’t make sense.

Aircraft
You get someone in a jet who is good and they can be almost invincible regardless of what you are using to get them. AA, rockets and jets just seem to be ineffective against them. Being good is one thing but being untouchable, for me, spoils the game and just becomes frustrating. Heli is the same, in one round yesterday one chap got 33 kills with heli out of 34 and only 3 deaths. That ruins the game for me as I then just have heli rage and will try everything to get them down.

Cheats
I don’t know if there are cheats on the servers but sometimes you get the spider sense feeling about folk. There are too many rounds where you are getting quite a few folk going 20+ kills to only one or two deaths. Again yesterday, I spent quite a while trying to kill someone in an attack boat without any luck at all. You pound them will TV missiles, burst guns plus hits from others on your boat and a couple of shots and a missile and you are dead. Try again and you get the same result. There is something wrong with that.

Another round I got killed a few times by a player shooting through a few walls and a tank between us. They went 44:5 and I was really suspicious of them. Nobody else complained so I kept my thoughts to myself. There are lots of players on BF4 getting really high K/D ratios that I’m sure would raise eyebrows if it was on BF3. And it is consistent too if you look at their round histories. They don’t appear to be getting revived so I can only assume it is not getting killed or some kind of magic they are empowered with.

Under this heading I’ll also include weapon effectiveness too. There are many times when you get a killed by one shot by someone from a ridiculous distance or a bullet that curved as there is no other explanation for how it got to you. BF4 is going to be complex and hard to get everything spot on all the time but I really feel that there are people using enhanced weapons with magical powers. Good players being good don’t give you that same feeling, you just know you are playing and have been killed by someone good with a lot of skill.

Reliability & bugs
There seems to be too many failures at the moment. You do well in a round and suddenly BF4 has stopped working pops up. Or you lose the connection to the server. Or the server crashes. Or EA seems to have pulled the plug and all servers have gone. Or the sound goes (spent quite a while assuming my PC was borked before realising BF4 was the culprit).

Sum Up
In general I find the game quite atmospheric but I do find it increasingly frustrating to play and enjoy.

Under this heading I’ll also include weapon effectiveness too. There are many times when you get a killed by one shot by someone from a ridiculous distance or a bullet that curved as there is no other explanation for how it got to you. BF4 is going to be complex and hard to get everything spot on all the time but I really feel that there are people using enhanced weapons with magical powers. Good players being good don’t give you that same feeling, you just know you are playing and have been killed by someone good with a lot of skill.
This fucking this, I don't get it I never had this problem with BF3 but I really agree with you here

Balancing should be improved we're using the same one as our BF3 servers.

We're thinking of putting a sniper limit as it's getting stupid the amount there are in a normal round

how sam said and the "new" bf4 server we got is "only" 32 slots. so i think it will be a lot more fun to play there because they from that 32 slots will be a lot of NRU. also i thinks with less player the maps will be a lot more balance and you can more admin other player and have a look at them.

All mentione4d above seem true to me. Besides that I have a punkbuster issue which has forced me to reinstall the whole game for 7 times now. Tried everything and followed all tips but only a full reinstall seems to work. It's kinda pissing me off that I'm spending just as much time downloading and reinstalling then actually playing...

About the balance thing: I think a max amount of sniper could work, and also a cap on maximum players. But I do think 32 is just too little for the big maps, rather set it at 48. With 32 players on conquest large I have the feeling I can fall asleep while playing :)

And maybe we, the admins, could move players around some more to get it balanced out.

Just an idea.

When I get BF4,If I ever play on our server and can't play with the kit I want to ill simply go to another server.I think limiting kits might backfire if players just say what I wrote.not sure how bad it is but I loved sniping and c4 ing vehicle in beta

Some good points there. I think there are some real balance issues because of the design of the maps that favour a particular type of skill. I would assume that will get tweaked in the future. Games where there have been a natural balance to the teams have been really good. There was one the other night which I was commander on had a fantastic fight back by the team I was on.

Another annoyance I just thought about is the number of times you can jump or parachute into the middle of a building with no escape.

I have some nice rounds on our server from time to time but there a few maps that I don't want to play because they are simply awful, but definitely more fun playing with members.....
if we are going to limit player numbers further we need to give members some priority in joining because that is my biggest gripe that I cannot get on when I want to because its already full.

I was going to ask if anyone had noticed vehicles seem harder to take down since the patch, don't know if anything was changed but as glen said sometimes tanks & lav's just wont die, but could be due to weapon type selected? good helo & jet pilots will always be dominant in this game format which is why NRU was born, so not much we can do about that because they haven't changed the physics of flying as far as I see since bf2 so if you were a good pilot in bf2 then you'll be just as good in bf4, have they limited the ammo for vehicles because I haven't noticed? I probably just get killed b4 my ammo runs out lol.

I'm sure there's loads of players using exploits/cheats because they are sad fukin cocks but we just have to be resolute & weed them out so if you have suspicions act on them, all the times I have been suspicious & kicked or banned people over the years there has only been one come onto the forum & convince me he was legit!!!

As for the game itself, still buggy as hell & crashing but not as many times as b4 but I personally like it more than bf3 & think once the bugs have been ironed out it will be a decent game

Oh & my biggest issue with the game, the on thing that makes me rage quit more than anything else is when I spawn straight into a death, there is no spawn protection in this game & it drives me insane the number of times I spawn right in front of a tank, lav helo etc etc & die b4 I have even moved an inch

Last edited:
Have to agree with most of the comments.
Before the round scrambler was put in, it was stupidly unbalnced.
always 1 side with players going 33-2, and practically whole team with positive kdr...
whilst other team would be lucky to have 2 players with positive kdr.
As with all games, when this happens, people on losing team leave leaving server even more unbalnced.
Then when new people join they see the unbalance and leave without spawning.
When the round ends, you know that the next round will be the same....one sided.
I don't mind playing a round being unbalanced if I know the teams will be mixed up after every round.
Also, people will try to switch sides constantly to play with the better players.

Agree with vehicles, so hard to take down. Remember once, fired 5 rockets at tank, and it wasnt even hardly damaged!
And yes, agree with the 1 shot kills and weapons. I think I'm quite experienced with IO, and know a lot about it, but find this strange at moment.
I fire a lot of bullets, but don't seem to hit! And I know i'm not that bad!

anyways, rant over...got to cook dinner now :)

i must be lucky as i've hardly had any issues that you guys have brought up but with regards to the tank / ifv being invincible ... maybe there's a few guys repairing him? i've noticed that a lot of people will repair compared to 3. there's also a lot of protection unlocks you get with the vehicles to stop rockets coming your way.

and as for cheats they're obviously out there but i've only thought cheater a couple of times in 30+ hours playing, which makes me think that a lot of people who are suspicious of people are experiencing latency issues rather than people cheating? i don't know, i've been killed by people / vehicles that aren't even facing me at the time of killing me but then suddenly spin round to face me as the kill cam cuts in .... i think that's network problems rather anything more sinister.

and as for cheats they're obviously out there but i've only thought cheater a couple of times in 30+ hours playing, which makes me think that a lot of people who are suspicious of people are experiencing latency issues rather than people cheating? i don't know, i've been killed by people / vehicles that aren't even facing me at the time of killing me but then suddenly spin round to face me as the kill cam cuts in .... i think that's network problems rather anything more sinister.

I agree. I have had it many times that I'm taking my time aiming for his head because they aint facing me and BAM I'm dead. It's probably a latency issue, or a bug of some sort. I've seen this happen quite a lot and some players had horrible socres so I don't expect them to be cheating.

To be honest, I have not seen 1 obvious cheater in nearly 30 hours of play. I think people should be more careful with blaming one another for cheating. I have very bad experiences with received banns for cheating while I wasn't.

Cheaters must die, I agree. But image getting banned everywhere while you're playing fair. It's a pain in the arse I can tell you.

well ive seen guys with 6+ k/d and over 2 kpm and 2000+ spm so i think there is a load of hackers out there. they are taking advantage of the games lat issues and getting away with it. As most people i know who don't hack cant hit a thing in the game due to the lat issues. Tbh the game design eg maps are geared up for camping snipers at the best of times. The game is broke big time and i feel that i have wasted £70 on it and will never pre-order again. I would recommend that if your thinking of buying it don't, wait untill its finished and see then.

Totally OT I guess but still: I've forgotten how to post/share awards/promotions in Battlelog for BF4 (not that I get many) - help!

//An anonymous player

Well, I know how to share a round report but not e.g. a promotion or awards...

Anyone?

when you login to battlelog, scroll down and you'll see 'battle feed' and 'game activity' clicking on game activity is what you're after

lol back to topic ^^

even if it doesnt interest anybody ;) but the game drives me mad ;)

The bf2 TS guys will know i sometimes rage a bit

But the netcode of bf4 and the sort of one shotkills which sometimes happen LET ME SHOUT !!!!!!!!!

I just dont want to play anymore its not healthy for me ;)

i hate the mass of different vehicles on big maps ;) and the FUCKING campers on small maps so game is sort of dieing for me ^^

and the FUCKING campers on small maps so game is sort of dieing for me ^^

Lol it was so enjoyable yesterday when we made life of roof campers very hard at Shanghai and Dawnbreaker. :tbag: At Shanghai Kyntteri was gunner and i was pilot of attack heli, he got KD-ratio of 6 and I 3 by killing roof campers lol. :D Later at Dawnbreaker we hugged that scout heli together, damn that was good team work. :)

and the FUCKING campers on small maps so game is sort of dieing for me ^^

Lol it was so enjoyable yesterday when we made life of roof campers very hard at Shanghai and Dawnbreaker. :tbag: At Shanghai Kyntteri was gunner and i was pilot of attack heli, he got KD-ratio of 6 and I 3 by killing roof campers lol. :D Later at Dawnbreaker we hugged that scout heli together, damn that was good team work. :)

we did pretty awesome too the day before ;)

Users who are viewing this thread