Bf4 Crashes Everyday

• Thread starter BruceWillii
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
BruceWillii

BruceWillii

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Germany
Don't know why but BF4 crashes every day since a week now. To be exact it freezes. Got no clue what it is.
When I open the task manager the BF4 process is sth about 3GB. I can wait 5 minutes but nothing changes.
After starting it again it runs smooth without any issues.

BF4 on ultra on a SSD with around 100GB free space
WIN7
I5 4400
16GB RAM
GTX 1060 6GB

I get occasional crashes but nothing like that. The obvious questions are below but there may be something worth checking that you have not thought of.

1. Does BF1 do the same? If not then seems to be a BF4 only issue.
  2. Has there been any Win 7 updates recently? If yes you could try rolling back or uninstalling them.
  3. Any driver updates?
  4. Is anything overheating? Try running at medium settings rather than ultra.
  5. Delete/reinstall BF4 - doesn't sound like a Win problem if you can still run task manager.
  6. Clean install video drivers
  7. Doesn't sound like hardware if it is only BF4 hanging but worth checking that all leads and cables are secure, unplug and reseat them. Remove RAM and reseat.
Hope something there helps even though they are obvious things.

Reactions: BruceWillii
1. No BF1 doesn't do it.
2. Yes there were some but as I remeber only security updates.
3. No. The last GPU update (378.66) was from 2017-02-14
4. Don't think so because mostly it happens in the first 5 minutes of playing. But I will give it a try.
5. Will give it a try after checking point 4, 6 and 7.
6. Will give it a try after testing medium settings (wasn't there high settings too in BF4?)
7. Will give it a try.

Thanks for the tipps.

It is Battlefield, it has to crash, it's an free extra you get from EA. :D

How to View the System Log in Event Viewer

You'll have to of course remember the times the crashes happen :)

Yes, that is useful too. Might be worth waiting for the freeze to happen and have the log open already. Explanations are not always understandable so Google will be your friend.

Does the sound still play or loop when BF4 freezes? If yes then the audio drivers may need changing. -theRealtek audio drver could be an issue.

I've searched and most BF4 freezing results are quite old (around 2014) so it doesn't appear to be a common thing.

rechte Maustaste auf das Windowssymbol unten rechts auf dem Desktop <-- dann Ereignisanzeige :)

unten rechts? unten links oder? da kommt das:

Attachments

• RK Win7.jpg
    RK Win7.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 5
Win 7:
Der beste Weg ist, in die Systemsteuerung zu gehen. Dann administrative Werkzeuge. Event-Viewer sollte eine der Optionen in der linken Spalte sein.

Event Viewer - Open and Use in Windows 7 - Windows 7 Help Forums

In Windows 10 kannst du mit der rechten Maustaste auf den Start klicken und ihn aus dem Menü auswählen.

The easiest way is to go into Control Panel. Then administrative tools. Event viewer should be one of the options in the left hand column.
In windows 10 you can right click on start and select it from the menu.

or this one? got the same the day before, time might be right

May be worth deleting Origin and reinstalling that as some of those shown relate to it.

The Windows Kernel PnP could mean that either a plug and play device driver is failing or possibly a USB device is failing or loose.

May be worth unplugging and plugging in any USB devices to see if something is loose. There usually isn't many PnP devices inside the PC but that may be worth a check to see if any USB leads to the motherboard are loose and checking any HDD SDD drives too. Some of my SSDs appear as PnP even though they are connected via SATA. It could be something that works OK when initially playing but as things warm up a connection becomes unstable especially if it is usually about 5 minutes after starting to play. That seems unlikely though if BF1 doesn't do it.
--- Post updated ---
or this one? got the same the day before, time might be right

That one seems to be to do with remote management which can be a service or a disk.
--- Post updated ---
Startup type : Windows Service
Service Name : Origin Web Helper Service
Display Name : Origin Web Helper Service
Dll path : Not Answered.
Image path : C:\Program Files\Origin\OriginWebHelperService.exe
Current Status : Auto/Running

How to disable this service.
Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows vista/7/8)
Copy red command line and Paste.
sc stop "Origin Web Helper Service"
sc config "Origin Web Helper Service" start= disabled

checked all drives connections now, none of them are lose.
the only USB which is plugged in my pc is the sender of the wireless mouse and a external drive which is switched off.
--- Post updated ---
Startup type : Windows Service
Service Name : Origin Web Helper Service
Display Name : Origin Web Helper Service
Dll path : Not Answered.
Image path : C:\Program Files\Origin\OriginWebHelperService.exe
Current Status : Auto/Running

How to disable this service.
Open a command prompt. (Run a command prompt as Administrator in Windows vista/7/8)
Copy red command line and Paste.
sc stop "Origin Web Helper Service"
sc config "Origin Web Helper Service" start= disabled

which red line should I copy and paste?

Users who are viewing this thread