BF2042 discussion

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
That doesn't include a lot of issues like the shitty bloom when shooting
no, as always, they only put things into that list where they can say they are working at and where they have a chance to resolve the issues.

you know that from the releases in the past. only when they got some presure from somewhere this things coming on the list and than with the info "we will try to resolve this in one of the future updates" lol i can remember a lot of this stuff and we have this issues still in bf4 because there was no updates anymore.

I know my PC isn't really suitable for it, now that is out of the way.... a few thoughts.

• Took ages to get into a game and when I did I had no visible weapons. They did eventually appear though.
  • A few times just crashed out to the desktop. No message, nothing.
  • Selected a loadout and got killed. Spawned and had sniper set-up. Died. Changed to assault. Died. Spawned as a sniper again.
  • Really feels like it needed another 6 months work on it. Of course you will get bugs and you have to release it at some point but it really feels there are too many for release code.

Reactions: Riot_co and lakaelo
Tried again. Said a few people were playing but how do you join them? Have tried not to be 'it isn't like BF4' but I really didn't enjoy playing it and not sure I would if I upgraded the PC. It really does feel like another game rebranded to 'Battlefield'. Requested a refund - which removed it immediately!

Reactions: lakaelo and Riot_co
Would be interesting to see how many refund requests they have had. Pretty sure if it is significant there will be some changes but not sure what they could do to improve it.

Greedy Greedy Greedy
They were targetting big "We fucked up our BF community so many times but they still bought our games, we can count on those idiots to do the same again"
So they target the CoD lot making the game very similar to what they are used to but much worse, "Ah we'll hype it up with 128 players and more shit promises"
Now the bank balance looks a bit healthier, they can start on BF2043 "Bug Filled 2043"
Think about it, who are the idiot mugs here, them or us ? 🤔

If people enjoy playing it then there is no issue with that. The era it is set in isn't an issue either. However, if you compare it to BFBC, BF3, BF4 which seemed to have a familiar feel and progression between games it just doesn't, for me, feel like a BF game. BF1, after BF4 was different because the era it was set in but there was some fun aspects to it. BFV was an evolution of BF1 but felt a further step away from what many think BF games were. I have played less than 60 hours of BFV because it just didn't feel like any fun playing it. Yes you can pay £60 for a PS game and finish it in about the same time but have had fun playing it.

Having played the beta which was hard given how slow it seemed to run on my PC I had some interest in it as a game but it didn't feel like a BF game. Yes, it was called BF and the menu systems seemed to have some familiarity but the overall look when playing didn't feel BF. So, despite better judgement I bought the game. Though my PC couldn't cope with decent settings it wasn't too bad and certainly a lot better than the beta. Yes there were some bugs and issues - after all it wouldn't be a BF launch without them. The maps are huge but I guess that is because you then don't have all 128 players in one location. In one game it was 5 minutes before I actually saw another player! Most maps have the areas far enough apart that they are almost like separate maps.

I tried again on the Saturday and portal seemed to work Ok and could be interesting but I could play those games if I wanted to. If it had been good I would probably got an x-box as that would be cheaper than upgrading the PC at the moment. Would I try it again in the future? Maybe but probably not.

I think upper management told the development team to produce something of a CoD + Fortnite cocktail. It may be fun for some (and I don’t blame anyone for liking it) but it’s not BF in my book. Oh, and the tornado 💩 - jeez…

Won’t comment on all issues but isn’t it strange e.g. that BFBC2 from 2010 had more destruction? What kind of ”all-out-war” game in 2021 have a 60+ ton tank not being able to shoot a concrete wall to smithereens? 🙄

Finally, I won’t buy this game when I get a new PC later and I believe this was the end of BF as we veterans know it 😓

I think upper management told the development team to produce something of a CoD + Fortnite cocktail. It may be fun for some (and I don’t blame anyone for liking it) but it’s not BF in my book. Oh, and the tornado 💩 - jeez…

Won’t comment on all issues but isn’t it strange e.g. that BFBC2 from 2010 had more destruction? What kind of ”all-out-war” game in 2021 have a 60+ ton tank not being able to shoot a concrete wall to smithereens? 🙄

Finally, I won’t buy this game when I get a new PC later and I believe this was the end of BF as we veterans know it 😓
very true. As you say if it was just a shooter game it would be looked at differently.

I am starting to really enjoy the game. Performance is shit and no Progression sucks but this is hopefully fixed soon enough.

Will start the grind of unlocking all the tags and player backgrounds today, going to be some fun challenges hopefully :)

I am starting to really enjoy the game. Performance is shit and no Progression sucks but this is hopefully fixed soon enough.

Will start the grind of unlocking all the tags and player backgrounds today, going to be some fun challenges hopefully :)
or just come back and start playing battlefield 4 with us? :D

• Love
Reactions: samoz83 and Riot_co
or just come back and start playing battlefield 4 with us? :D

Will do that sooner or later but for now I am enjoying being part of the absolute shitshow that the release was/is and taking part in exploiting all the broken stuff :D

Users who are viewing this thread