BF2 - Goodbye and thank you very much

• Thread starter Lady_Musketeer_GER
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Lady_Musketeer_GER

Lady_Musketeer_GER

Friend of the NRU
2 May 2012
The BF2 servers are shutting down.
Now the day has come to say goodbye but I hope that this will be only for a certain period of time.

It’s not only the game as such that I will miss but the gaming community itself.

Some players were like ships that passed in the night – they came, went away and passed into oblivion.
There were others, however, I became better acquainted with and some of you, I dare say, really became friends of mine.

Thank you for all the memories we’ve shared together in all those years, thanks for every little random act of kindness, for each gracious word and smile.

My sincere and heartfelt thanks go out to Mac who made it all happen, to all our heeds, especially Lakaelo who always, really always, gave me a lending hand whenever I had a question [... and I had quite a few... sorry, Sascha :) ] to all our admins who did an excellent job and to all of my BF2 friends who made a difference.

One thing is certain: I will miss the game and I will miss you.

That’s why I hope that this won’t be our last goodbye.
I’m looking forward to seeing you again in the near future when our BF2 No Fly Server (ranked or unranked) will hopefully rise like a phoenix from the ashes.

I wish you all the best, please take care. :)

lady this clan and the regulars who populate our servers mean to much for us all to part ways because of this. we will make it work whatever that means.most of us earned our tags by typing in noobs in the search bar of bf2. i came upon Noobs R Us back in 2008 they were rank restriceted back then but they alwys had the no air combat rule which was fantastic. its funny to say it feels like were losing an ld friend in a since i guess we are with all the great memories and about 3,000 hour into bf2 most spent mucking about with mothy , spoony , mac ,lee, sam, uherlig, igor,fras3r .. the man responsible for me getting into NRU and all the countless others whom i shared a laugh in this server it was a great run. We shared many a great time and i hope to game with u sometime in the future its because of people like yourself that make it all worth it. see u on the battlefield soon. also if any of u cant sleep and its a weekend log onto bf4 and ill glady join u for a few rounds sweney80 my name :)

Thank you Lady for your words. I have a funny feeling about all this, almost get sentimental when hitting the exact millisecond to press ESC and Enter at BF2 startup and hearing the music during connection.
Yesterday when the BF2 NoFly TS Server was packed with 12 of us bullet eaters, i really felt like:

[video=youtube;O5zGkqAWsWE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5zGkqAWsWE[/video]

I enjoyed many hours of BF1942 and CS and when my new computer startet its work, I thought: Maybe you get a BF2 CD Key for cheap on eBay. And here I was. Starting as a noob, eating lots of bullets, annoyed of being bombed, I quickly discovered the NoFly Server. Seeing a lot of you guys regularily and being annoyed by rulebreakers when I didn't, I decided to join. Not even imagining the fun to be had during over 400 hours in 18 months. That makes almost an hour a day on average. But time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time ;)

I know it's not over. The times when I could join at around 6pm, seeing ritzenschweiss, huhujurii, kebor(ger), kumar and all the other regulars, and sooner or later "godverdomme", "whazzuuuuuup" and "ya faaaanny" was gonna blast over Teamspeak - well, these times may be over. But we're enough people to make something happen. If we only could grab some more regulars, that'd be great.

I really hope we aren't losing you together with the GameSpy Service, Lady, and that goes for each one of you. I know it's not the same, but stick around guys! Consider BF3 or stay updated on the fun nights to come!

FOLKS !!!!! This IS not, CAN NOT and WILL NOT be the end of our BF2 Server. Just can't be...maybe the set up will be a different and the hard bunch of us doesnt care a shit if it will be unranked, but if we can still Play and have fun together.
And I am very sure that our heeds will try every possibility to Keep this one running....as it was the birthplace of this clan, wasnt it ? I doubt they will let it pass into oblivion.....

Therefore, despite usually being the realistic/pessimistic Person I say :

Attachments

• the-king-is-dead-long-live-the-king-.png
    the-king-is-dead-long-live-the-king-.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 54
well i thought most of you were cunts,but manuela should have been a head admin long ago,she is much better looking than you mongos and much much MUCH classier lol

Once there becomes a way to re-connect/launch the game etc, and I have total faith in our heeds to make that happen..I have a sneaky feeling Badger may yet re-appear and once again real man tears will flow as we slap & t-bag at will multiple fannies from all corners of the globe

Odp: BF2 - Goodbye and thank you very much

Thank you also Lady for all hours spent in the best possible company. If this is the end Bf2 wanting to thank you all for spending hundreds of hours with you. Thank you for your company. Someone once said "every meeting is the beginning of parting"
Thank you all for the nice time on your server;)

Thank you for all your gracious words, gentlemen.

It’s hard to believe that we won’t see each other again just like we did until now.
We simply MUST find a way to make this story continue.

No, Tousledmonkey, you won’t be losing me, I will visit the Forum every day just like I have done within the last few years.

It’s as Sweney once stated: “Once NRU, forever NRU”.
I am glad about the special spirit of this gaming community which stands together in tough times as well and I am happy to be a part of it.

oh all those nice words here :D

Thanks Manuela and all the other for your posts! It is such a kind and funny community on our server always time for a laughter and a long tbagg!

I still dont give up bf2 in some way we will all stay together.... its not only about our server the whole bf2 community is still huge and will find a way to keep alive ;D

I also want to say thanks to all those fannies on TS.
We had such ingenious evenings... regularly :)
I still remember how i started to play on the no fly and i was astonished that finally i found a server where random teammates drive back to give me a ride ;)
First time i joined TS was a round on road rage - my english was sooo bad ( and it still is ;) but it got way better)
and i thought what kinda strange community is that. it was scatha of whom i thought he must be crazy indeed :D

But i learned to love you all everybody in his special way ;) even Spunky muahahahhaa

So thanks to all of you to entertain and even be a friend of me if you have been joining the no fly or TS it doesnt matter!

But still i think this is no good bye i will not give you all up :D

If we wait whether the bf2 revive will work or we will shift to another game doesnt matter ;)

FOLKS !!!!! This IS not, CAN NOT and WILL NOT be the end of our BF2 Server. Just can't be...maybe the set up will be a different and the hard bunch of us doesnt care a shit if it will be unranked, but if we can still Play and have fun together.
And I am very sure that our heeds will try every possibility to Keep this one running....as it was the birthplace of this clan, wasnt it ? I doubt they will let it pass into oblivion.....

Therefore, despite usually being the realistic/pessimistic Person I say :

Gods i cant agree more mr bond spoken like a true Optimist :-D XD i say "I 2ND THAT"

Also lady :-3 dont give up hope go and register on battlelog.co :-3 itll definantly be worth it and you might just be able to keep gaming with us cocks on BF2 if you do :-D

Users who are viewing this thread