BF 2 crash

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
pfff the latest nvidia BETA driver for the gtx660 seems also a bit broken for me have a lot of trouble with it

Re : BF 2 crash

Yes laka, I have deleted the BF2 folder in user/my document but is did not work.
But I have the lastest beta driver in my NVIDIA GC I will tr to update my drivers. Wait and see

Yes laka, I have deleted the BF2 folder in user/my document but is did not work.
But I have the lastest beta driver in my NVIDIA GC I will tr to update my drivers. Wait and see

make a roleback to the old drivers dont us the beta drivers they seem to be pretty bad and they are only important for late games like bf4 ;)

I am very excited because since this last betadriver i have various graphic bugs ;) I might do a rollback at the weekend too !

Other from that i wouldnt know a solution with the information given here :D

You did already play bf2 on that computer you said ? And you reinstalled the game ?

This would be the next step for me to reinstall the game if not happend yet

I have made a rollback and setuped a clean driver and bf2 work !! Thanks all

And f....ck beta drivers ^^

GRRRRR

The game does not work again.

After the rollback I succed to make a round.

Yesterday I launched the game but crash again.

I have deleted and reinstall the game, deleted the video.con file, the profile folder, run in admin and all solution found in internet but always the same crash when I choose the server.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Do you run BF2 with one CPU core?
Also some programms like Antivir, firewall, Antispy etc causing trouble sometimes.

Last edited:
Bf2 wasn't really built with multicore support try setting your core affinity to 1

If you run BF2 with more then one core you definitely will have crashes ingame after some minutes.

You can do it once it's running in task manager by going to the processes tab, find bf2.exe, right click Set Affinity and choosing just cpu0 or

from what I remember you can create a new shortcut for bf2.exe and right click the shortcut, go properties and add to the front of the text in the target box C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1

So it should look something like: Target: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start /affinity 1 "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe"

This is assuming you installed it in C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\

If you run BF2 with more then one core you definitely will have crashes ingame after some minutes.

it caaaan run with multiple core cpus ;)

i have an i5 3570k and it runs fine ;) only problem is that my client loads faster than the serverclient.. and i always get a kick at mapchanges ;)

but it can definitely a reason to crash the game :D

i have an i5 3570k and it runs fine ;) only problem is that my client loads faster than the serverclient.. and i always get a kick at mapchanges ;)

You run Win7? everyone else had this probs with BF2 Win7 and multicore..

oh :D i run win8 but i think it should make no big difference :D

i also wonder that it works :D

Re : Re: BF 2 crash

Indeed

This is my config

Edit : I have defined the affinity on 1 and It's works. wait and see

Attachments

• Sans titre.jpg
    Sans titre.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread