BF 2 crash

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
The annoying thing is I had the same issue and I can't at the moment remember if I fixed it before I installed W8 on my machine.

what a load of crap to play a game

same thing happens to me wiv that new CounterStrike GO-thing
if I even install it on my PC NO other game works...
even after adjusting this so called prob solvers (delete this and that...)
it's crap they selling us
THIS CALLS FOR A REVOLUTION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let the generals assemble !!

and don't forget our chef, mr dwibbles, he will take care of the stubborn cases by carressing them wiv his spatula :D
we need him for our revolution !!!
and to cook for us to ofcourse,man can't wage a rev on an empty stommack

Spatulas at thevready sir lets rip up trees n burn down houses followed by a bacon buttie n a nice cup o tea ;-);-);-)

ichea > have you tried dxdiag? (start - empty box type dxdiag click on dxdiag.exe, check pages for errors and run the diagnostic). If it's a directx problem. Graphics card driver? revert to older driver, see if it helps or try newest? Ccleaner?

np. if ichea lost too i'll try explain in more detail.. unless his problem is already solved.

Mrs watugi bought me a nice fast laptop for Xmas (runs windows 7 64 bit) and I cant get BF2 to play on there at all. Same problem, game crashes to desktop. If one of the wizards knows how to solve this please write an idiots guide ? I searched online and tried all of the suggestions, but no good !

That can be several problems with BF2 and Win7
First if you can launch BF2 and it crashes ingame then it could be the problem that you run BF2 with more then one CPU core. You have to set the affiliation in the task manger to ONE core.
Second: If you cant launch the game it straight crashes to desktop then it could be a problem with the Monitor settings in the file video.con. Go to the video.con file and look if there is set a resolution your monitor supports, if not then change it there to a resolution you monitor supports ( for example:1680x1050@60Hz also look what Hz your monitor supports)
Third: Some players helped it to delete this folder:
C:\Users\..\Documents\Battlefield 2\Profiles ( BF2 will create a new one)
some helped it to update punkbuster.

Last edited:
@geno:
no problems... if it would be a directx problem, singleplayer or lan should crash too...

@watugi:
at some games it helps, if you deactivate the visual designs

---

So I will play bf 2 on my old pc... if I have the time to play with you :D

Last edited:
ichea > right. my bad. sorry. forgot that. you also tried the suggestions by Mr.X

Seems like EA games are like cracked games (never done that! *grin*): Firstly download the game, use Daemon, install cracked .exe, do this, do that, uninstall this to your windows folder, put this value into that registry, spin around twice, slap your self in the face 5 times... FFFF!

totally agree crn ,,,,, yes simple put cd in then search for next three days on internet trying to get it too work ... very frustrating ... had this myself with BIA hells highway , but was worth it when i played it single player , cool game for me .

Seems like EA games are like cracked games (never done that! *grin*): Firstly download the game, use Daemon, install cracked .exe, do this, do that, uninstall this to your windows folder, put this value into that registry, spin around twice, slap your self in the face 5 times... FFFF!

Lmao Crn so true ;)

hey !

Today I found a solution for my BF2 problem... ( and maybe for some people with the same problem ) :

1. normal BF2 installation
2. patch BF2 to v1.41
3. update Punkbuster in v1.41
4. put all files from the bf2 patch 1.5 manually in the bf2 install directory

Now BF2 works again... so see you on the battlefield again :) If the server is not crashed :D

Re : Re: BF 2 crash

Hi guys I need your help.

Battlefied 2 crash on my hardcore PC

When I clicking on "rejoindre le serveur" or when I applicate video settings, I have a black screen and a back to windows.

I have made all the tips on the topic but the do not work. I have deleted the BF2 folder in "my documents", updated punkbuster...

In the past the game worked perfecty but now no.

My config is the below :

Intel core I7 3.2Ghz
Nvidia GTX660
4Gb ram

did you set the compatibility of the bf2.exe on xp?
did you install it as admin?

and you can try to downgrade your grafikdriver.
i know from nvidia that they postet several times brocken gpu drivers which 2x even where able to toast your card.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread