best onlinecloud to share pics

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
lakaelo

lakaelo

NRU Heed
pfft i have a 50gb dropbox but that looner deactivate my link to share pics because of "too high traffic"...

so anyone had other online storages for pics with fast download and for sharing some pics.

glen think you know some? :joker:

I use Flickr as it can be free with ads and you get 1TB or pay for a year without ads. Uploading can be a bit of a pain as their own PC uploaders is a bit old looking but functional. I assume most phone OS have an app.

I also use OneDrive. Not sure what you get for free but as I have an Office 365 subscription I also get 1TB with that too. The Office 365 subscription gives me Office on five PCs or Macs plus iPads/phones for about £75 and each user also gets 1TB of storage included. So for £75 you get five copies of Office and 5TB of storage. I find it easier to give one copy to my Mum for her PC so she gets all the updates automatically and also backup her photos and docs automatically. I'm finding it good value and the syncing works fine too.

google drive has served my needs well. i dislike onedrive on mobile devices (slow loading times for thumbnails of pictures) and dropbox is apparently insecure if you use their desktop program.

i am connected to office365 over my company. so doing a nother connection would be a bit of a mess and would confuzzling me not only one time lol dropbox also have a business connection here with my company. this works well but as i found out yesterday while sharing some pics, they are fast deactivating a link for to much traffic.

i will got a view in flickr. perhabs it is also usefull to integrate in my wife homepage.

Odp: best onlinecloud to share pics

I use photobucket.com. I've got pics that I put there for over 7 years ago and still are :) Free is 2GB but for $ 49 a year you have 50 GB. I really recommend

Main thing is that you don't rely on only one. Something that is free may not stay that way. Something irreplaceable needs to be in a few different places and on different media types.

Main thing is that you don't rely on only one. Something that is free may not stay that way. Something irreplaceable needs to be in a few different places and on different media types.

for sure its also backuped in my own hardware.

always have my pictures on 3 different harddrives which are never plugged in at once ;)

Only way to lose all is burn the house down ;) I thought about an own cloud server but its too energy intensive just for pictures and other private stuff

I use photobucket.com I have had an account there for a long time and regularly posted pictures to it.one day I got an email saying the upgraded my free account do I can post an unlimited number of photos now.pretty sweet.it also gives you a direct link to the pic , html code , the img code and a few more I'm to lazy to look up. Hope this helps :)

for sure its also backuped in my own hardware.

always have my pictures on 3 different harddrives which are never plugged in at once ;)

Only way to lose all is burn the house down ;) I thought about an own cloud server but its too energy intensive just for pictures and other private stuff

For personal photos I have:

1. Originals on PC
2. Copies on second photos only drive in the PC
3. Copies on server in garage (and attached NAS device)
4. Copies on external hardrive kept in the car
5. Copies on external hardrives sent to my mum every month or so (depending on holidays/events/etc)
6. Copies on OneDrive (of important images)

I know this sounds very paranoid/excessive but I have seen the effects on people eat the loss of photos of friends, family, pets and events etc. as they cannot be replaced. True that holiday photos could be done again but many can't. Some documents need to be archived but many can be recreated so I only have them duplicated on backup drives and OneCloud.

Users who are viewing this thread