Best after work "childhood" food

• Thread starter edgarsmelderis12
  • Start date
Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
edgarsmelderis12

edgarsmelderis12

NRU Member
27 Dec 2018
Riga, Latvia
Bread,jam,milk ... Jummy and fast :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190507_234107.jpg
    IMG_20190507_234107.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: glenwilson
That works. Mine would be bread with nutella and banana slices on top. So damn good

When I used to come home from school my gran was supposed to babysit until my mum came home (my dad worked shifts at that time) about 2 hours later when we would then have dinner. As a bribe, along with actual cash :) she would make me treacle sandwiches. These were not freshly made as they had started to dry out and go crusty and a bit crunchy. I loved them. As you can see from below it was a perfectly healthy snack, full of, er sugar!

Reason for the bribery? She loved bingo and would rush into town to get a quick session in and then rush back before mum got home!

Lyles golden syrup 006

Reactions: edgarsmelderis12
Childhood? Really ?
Damn youre all sure, stopped smoking pot once?^^

To be honest, I love to share things like that with my daugther, if she shares ...that little beast^^

Fingers. Etiquette is that you break the roll and then use the knife to spread the butter/jam/cheese/unicorn tears/pate/coconut oil (sorry that should be for a different web site) on the bread. 😊

• Haha
Reactions: edgarsmelderis12
Fingers. Etiquette is that you break the roll and then use the knife to spread the butter/jam/cheese/unicorn tears/pate/coconut oil (sorry that should be for a different web site) on the bread. 😊
lol really?? not here. the bun/roll is traditional for breakfast and never got broken with the fingers lol furthermore we have even own knifes for this.

Amazon product ASIN B0748PGV1F

• Wow
We are still in the EU at the moment (and hopefully will remain). I have adopted European stuff like having cheese and cold meats for breakfast, beer just about anytime, using garlic when cooking and so on. I ha not tried the driving on the wrong side of the road yet as that does sound a bit iffy.

We are still in the EU at the moment (and hopefully will remain). I have adopted European stuff like having cheese and cold meats for breakfast, beer just about anytime, using garlic when cooking and so on. I ha not tried the driving on the wrong side of the road yet as that does sound a bit iffy.
You're the one driving on the wrong side of the road god damn it!

Reactions: lakaelo
In 1998, archaeologists found a well-preserved double track leading to a Roman quarry near​
Swindon
, in southern England. The grooves in the road on the left side (viewed facing down the track away from the quarry) were much deeper than those on the right side, suggesting LHT, at least at this location, since carts would exit the quarry heavily loaded, and enter it empty.[7] In the year 1300,​
Pope Boniface VIII
directed pilgrims to keep left.[6] So driving on the left has been a long long time.​

In 1998, archaeologists found a well-preserved double track leading to a Roman quarry near
Swindon

, in southern England. The grooves in the road on the left side (viewed facing down the track away from the quarry) were much deeper than those on the right side, suggesting LHT, at least at this location, since carts would exit the quarry heavily loaded, and enter it empty.[7] In the year 1300,
Pope Boniface VIII

directed pilgrims to keep left.[6] So driving on the left has been a long long time.
it's still right to drive on the right side!

To be honest when we either fly to the US or get the Eurotunnel across driving on the right is fine. Done it often enough to not really notice it now. The worst time was when we flew to Germany and hired a car and it was manual. After 35 years of changing gears with my left hand doing it with my right was really hard.

Bypassing is really hard in rhd whehicle when you drive lhd roads

To be honest when we either fly to the US or get the Eurotunnel across driving on the right is fine. Done it often enough to not really notice it now. The worst time was when we flew to Germany and hired a car and it was manual. After 35 years of changing gears with my left hand doing it with my right was really hard.
dude its hard, anyway I use em, with left or right hand ^^
but to come back to cars, automatic should be a standard today ...

The only automatics we have had have been in the US/Canada. Nearly everywhere else has been a manual, all the European hires and even Kenya and Mauritius were manuals.

Users who are viewing this thread