battlescreen on other montor

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Sweney

Sweney

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Maine
hi guys just curious if any of u have tried this? tonight is my first night im running batttlescreen on my old laptop and on a 10 inch square monitor. its cool but its hard to take my face off the main screen to see whats going on in the battlescreen/minimap

Attachments

• battlescreen.jpg
    battlescreen.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 50
Nice Tomas, looks professional ;-)
And the "RELAX" sign on the wall :+1:

Only tried it with the iPad for the battlescreen when BF 4 was first out. It can be useful fow when you are spawning as you get a bit of a heads up as to what is potentially around you. Can be more useful when there is a commander playing and they are doing lots of scans - does give a good overview of potential (was going to say victims but in my case it is more likely who I am going to be killed by) targets. On the iPad you are not "wasting" graphic power so don't know how much load it would put on a card running a second screen on a single card.

Worth a try if you have a second screen though.

I only check general situation when im spawning. Minimap can be helpful when you see firing or spotted enemies but often nobody spots when team is bunch of random noobs. In HC mod you don't have minimap, somebody can use silencer, snipe from far away etc. I trust more that my feeling at the moment. I don't for example like use TUGS. You risk yourself always when you use or pick it up (no gun in hands), there is specializations motion detectors don't spot you if you don't sprint, somebody can be just outside of TUGS range and shoot you from there etc. TUGs just makes you feel false safety and then you are dead when something surprising happens. I try always be prepared and focus to stuff around me. That second screen is good for "general situation view" but i rather press M lol. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
showing the map for a splitsecond is easier for me than looking on another screen :D may be training :D

I also thought id get super effective with an extramap but for me it doesnt work :D (ok im a strange coco maybe its only me)

Had the iPad as a second screen yesterday and hardly looked at it whilst playing - was only useful when I spawned somewhere unexpected and needed to know where I was.

never used it. one screen is enough for me to play bf. if i would look at the second screen which enemy is spotted on the map i would be dead before i look back on the main screen in 80% of all situations.

I find ( and I might be very wrong for it) but that since BF3/4 people walked away from the "tactical" point of view... so many times I try to get my team to see that once we have a few flags and KEEEEEEP them we win. Problem is the new games are so fast pace and "visually involving" that people forget to actually look where they are going and just follow "the rabbit" or next kill.
I believe I'm not that good a shot and I tend to die a whole fucking lot but that give me 1 advantage, I get to spawn a lot too. I most of the time try and go for the hard spawn, a flag that's in the process of being captured or I know a lot of enemies are moving towards, if only to try and slow them so we might keep the flag once moer "capable" people arrive. For me the minimap and even the big one are used all the time to see what the enemy is moving towards, blinking flags means enemies present even if not spotted by UAV or commander so those are first prio. Second is movement, what direction was a soldier/squad moving towards when I got shot or killed, even though I'm most likely to die again I'll go there to frustrate them or even cancel their action...
I know this all sounds valiant but it sucks lmao. I die a lot and scream at my team in chat to try and get them involved too but most of the times its in vain...
But to get back to the second screen from Sweney I would definitely use it as you get a much easier "tactical overview" to motivate your own and teams movement.

Agree with you 100% loefty... I think the 'Big map' was sorely missed on bf3 and I could never really 'read' a game as well as I could on bc2. I'm delighted that the 'big map' has once again come back on bf4. Its annoying to work out the next flag to be captured by the enemy, go there and be the only fucking one on your team that has realised it and is on the scene while everyoen else is busy being adrenaline filled acid monekys bunny hopping about the place !

Agree with you 100% loefty... I think the 'Big map' was sorely missed on bf3 and I could never really 'read' a game as well as I could on bc2. I'm delighted that the 'big map' has once again come back on bf4. Its annoying to work out the next flag to be captured by the enemy, go there and be the only fucking one on your team that has realised it and is on the scene while everyoen else is busy being adrenaline filled acid monekys bunny hopping about the place !

at least there is one. so u can always take one or two enemies with u, so it wont be that easy for the enemy to capture that flag u spawn on when it is gettin captured. in a good squad people follow ur spawn instead of campin at a flag no enemy takes care atm.

i agree with all of you. i play a lot of hardcore locker to start my nights out and i hate it when my team has the C flag held down and instead of defending the flashing D or B flag they all try to run up to A or E to stop the enemy team from coming out of their uncaps. That or completly jump past a flag that needs to be capped leaving only me to cap it. its probably why i always end up kicked out of squads on that server especially when the squad members are idiots.

Users who are viewing this thread