Banned

quantenfrik

hello, for some reasons i cant explain i'm banned from the no-fly server..
i don't remember anymore how it exactly happened cause the forum registration email almost took a week to get to my mailbox, but i think i was in aa on fu-she and had a score of 24-3, not sure though...
i was banned before for what i suppose was the suspect of air-combat, cause i shot a jet down while the pilot bailed, so i killed him with the jet, which i think was the reason to think i actually flew the jet, however, this ban was lifted after around 30 min i think.
could anyone enlighten me? cause i really enjoyed playing on a server without having to worry about the tv-missile(aimbots :))

Loeft1

NRU Member
Hi there,

Is quantenfrik your ingame alias as well??
I'm sure the admin involved will get back to you soon!!
Any additional information you have could be useful.

fucoffhackers

NRU Member
Hi quantenfrik , sorry it was me who banned you because i have seen you doing this many times .
below is a copy of my post in members area between the quotation marks

"hi all i think this is the guys name ......
seen him do this kind of thing all the time ..
last night tank on hill on gulf map over looking hotel(usa base) from mec uncap wasting spawning inf not taking flag.

then i followed him in apc (he was in apc) and he was just doing this kind of thing constantly.

this play kills the infantry game ....

sorry to have to do this but he has been warned plenty of times for this so enough is enough.

i just wish people would use armour in a sporting way ,,,

i told him to visit forum if he has a problem ."

the thing is quantenfrik i am not wanting to ban people but when they show up doing this kind of thing it spoils the game for our nice/less point hungry regulars.
i dont mind if you drive tanks all the time but please proceed to capture flags and dont stop off at bases/hills/sneaky little picnic spots etc raping infantry .
without air power on no fly we need to keep an eye on how tanks are used ... unsporting behaviour like you have shown is no good to us .
anyone is welsome here but have a little consideration for others ..... no its not war. its a fun game that can be ruined by selfish people .

hope this helps explain the situation. maybe we can lift ban and next time you know you are taking the piss maybe think how it is effecting the people you have just spawnkilled etc ?
anyway its up to you know what you have to say but other folk have agrred you style of play is unacceptable .

quantenfrik

thx a lot for the detailed answer, and especially the ban-lift!
tbh i haven't really thought much about how it feels like for the people i kill (just a game) at a spawnpoint while in a tank,
however now i think why it feels like raping, even if it isn't my intention:
if i'm attacking a base (which i try to cap) and see two or just one at guy, i usually wouldn't take the risk of rushing to the flag, as i'm quite likely to not survive that,
but prefer staying further away, wait for reinforcements or until i managed to kill them off. well of course i would not only shoot at the at-soldiers but at everything i see,
and especially if the enemy had only few points to spawn, i would never run out off targets to kill before proceding to cap the flag, which now i can understand looks like raping, although it isnt my intention.

above said, the events at the gulf of oman map occured different to me:
i spawned at the mec base to get the tank when i saw hotel was taken by us, so i spontaneosly decided not take the road but the shorter way over the hills,
which was as far as i remember the first time i took that very route (there are no vanilla 1.5 24/7 oman servers which are decently populated anymore, and when i played
oman some months ago i was usually sniping from the construction site).
however as i could overwatch the base i saw (not exactly sure, due to the time passed) an apc and a hmmvw
also coming for the hotel via the road, so i decided to stay and kill anyone spawing, cause i would be more usefull on otherwatch then as the third guy capping. i think i got at most 3 kills them, but rather less.
i remember someone talking about the "tank on the hill" in the gamechat, so i answered with that i'd be giving "covering fire". didnt think it would annoy that much, as it was only about 2 or 3 kills.

later on in the apc me and another apc were trying to cap the construction site, but while we were capping he was killed by a smaw, so i retreated on the hill, waiting for reinforements while taking out everythink i could see, which was a lot.
i can understand why they were annoyed, however only one spawned as at, which was probably the reason i could kill so many at all (im not sure but id say it was 8-12 kills), so i thought it was kinda their fault too if you're spawing as assault/medic/sniper when an apc's knocking on your door.
well in the end the at-guy hit me, and i retreated off the hill.

there was also another incidence earlier (maybe 3-4 weeks ago) on kubra dam where i tried out the us-aa vehicle, which i hadnt really used before (i mostly played wake island) and was suprised as it seemed (and still seems to me) way superior to his counterparts. i didnt really go for the flags then, but stayed at the bridge coming from the us-base, and was kicked after i got some lucky long range kills.

well i guess now i have to think of other ways then, or just take the risk..thx again for banlift and cya ingame.

lakaelo

NRU Heed
Website
www.mayfieldgarden.de
well i guess now i have to think of other ways then
this would be a good decision. there are some servers out there with aircrafts and/or very competitive players. on nofly we have no aircombat and in this case APC / tanks are the most powerfull weapon on the maps and you easiely can unbalance the hole map if you got some good players in there.

other point is that most of us playing for fun, for some rest beside our work or family life or both lol. so you can imagine that it is annoying if you will play some nice rounds with your mates and got killed at the spawn points from a guy who fired from a decent spot without intention to take a flag.

so please use you 2. change with lifting the ban and be a nice regular player on the server. you can laugh but we have a lot of "ex-tank-whores" playing there who change there gamestyle and now they all have fun together.

fucoffhackers

NRU Member
in a tank waiting for reinforcements ?? lmao you are in a bloody tank :) charge the flag and take your chances ..

anyway, quantenfrik, just have a look at NRU rules/guidlines for using tank/apc and take a few tips ....
no hard feelings , and we will see you out there.

fucoffhackers

NRU Member
lmao and dying all the time :) yes i miss those days heik .
i was going to behave myself and stick with you , then you left for bf3 :)
all the best to you, rich.

SCAR-H1988

NRU Member
Rich BF3 would be good for you, there all soldiers heals automatically. :D (Medic can heal you fast way but everybody can hide in bush and get health back in 1 minute after fight.)

Edit: Lol i noticed in BF3 is something for all. Rich can be rambo engy and don't need wait medic. And there is tens of LMG:s for Nao and bipod system what makes stationary LMG almost as accurate than shooting with Humvee/Vodnik. :cool: And clays are crappy and very rare in BF3 becouse it don't kill you most of times. I put 2 clays to same spot for making kill sure. I don't normally use them but i have to for that one support assignment, after enough clay kills for that i will never replace C4 with these piece of crap clays. :D

Last edited:

FortunaMagica

NRU Member
Rich BF3 would be good for you, there all soldiers heals automatically. :D (Medic can heal you fast way but everybody can hide in bush and get health back in 1 minute after fight.)

Edit: Lol i noticed in BF3 is something for all. Rich can be rambo engy and don't need wait medic. And there is tens of LMG:s for Nao and bipod system what makes stationary LMG almost as accurate than shooting with Humvee/Vodnik. :cool: And clays are crappy and very rare in BF3 becouse it don't kill you most of times. I put 2 clays to same spot for making kill sure. I don't normally use them but i have to for that one support assignment, after enough clay kills for that i will never replace C4 with these piece of crap clays. :D
well mr. heikki a bit of bf2 would be VERY good for you too ;-)

fucoffhackers

NRU Member
would like to try it heik' but my pc just isnt up to the job and i cant get a new one just yet ...
and also the new bf2 guys are quite a nice bunch .
kindest regards to you as allways ,,,, enjoy bf3 but we are still on same forum :)