[BF2] Banned?

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals and Complaints' started by ObnoxiousNoob, 27 March 2013.

1. ObnoxiousNoob

ObnoxiousNoob New Member

I would like to know why I am banned? The PB error says "teamkilling or admin decision"?

2. SCAR-H1988

SCAR-H1988 SEXY T-BAGGER
    NRU Member

Hi Obnoxious. Everybody who is banned sees that same message. I saw that banning and reason was something like you should respect admins more. If i don't remember wrong admin who banned you was SEK-Leader (Mr.X at forum). He will reply and tell you exact reason of your ban when he notices this thread.

I think this case was something like that: Obnoxious got pissed by tomcruises and moaned to admins why they don't care. Admins could not kick rulebreakers becouse we did not knew their names. More moaning => BAN.

We have played together so much i can say i know this guy well. Obnoxious is regular late night player and never seen him breaking rules or behaving bad way. He is nice helpful teammate and fair enemy. Maybe he fucked up this once but i think he is harmless guy with immaculate history, i personally hope you can forgive and unban him after apology.

#2 SCAR-H1988, 27 March 2013
    Last edited: 27 March 2013
  3. ObnoxiousNoob

ObnoxiousNoob New Member

Hi Heikk ;) Thanks for the kind words!

That is pretty-much what started it, in a nutshell. Were you there that first night?

I just got kicked after an argument with SEK about rulebreakers not getting warned/kicked. I logged back in, expressed my disappointment with his admin-ing, then logged out and thought that was that. Couple days later I logged back in and started playing (I noticed SEK was there too, but he didn't have =NRU= in his name this time). I don't think I said a word, I was driving a jeep to the next flag mid-round and got kicked with no warning that I'm aware of. Then I saw it said I was banned. I'm confused about the timing of it all.

I look forward to a discussion with SEK about the original issue we had, and the later banning.

Regards

4. SCAR-H1988

SCAR-H1988 SEXY T-BAGGER
    NRU Member

I saw only that when you got banned so i can't tell exact reason, you must wait SEK-Leader answer.

5. FortunaMagica

NRU Member

i have a hard time believing any of you guys would ban this guy hes a pretty darn good mate and a hell of a good tbag target ;-)
    I hope they let ya back in man i for one dont se why theyld ban you for doing the regulars job and that is reporting game whores :)

- - - Updated - - -

next time mate if you see a rulebraker write !admin (part of the players nick) and what he did, if you do that your report will be recorded and the admins will actually have a name to go for :)

6. lakaelo

NRU Heed

with !admin we got a load "admin needed" yell on our admin map. so we can pop in and look whats going on. ;)

7. Mr.X

NRU Member

Well well, I will tell you what was going on. I was the only admin on the server, checked players in the background and as I came back into the game Obi-Noob was yelling at me to do my job! I asked him what was going on and instead of just telling me the rulebreakers name he answered: i reported that often enough do your job! I told him that I was not ingame and instead of yelling at me just to tell what the problem is. His answer: I am tired of lazy admins who dont do their job and I will go to another server.
    Then the round was over and I left. But what did I had to read in console. Obi-Noob: Where is SEK? I am not done with him!!! (wait what?? youre not done with me?!) So I kicked him with the words who do you think you are? He came back and told me he knows who he is and that he sure will find another server.
    Really who do you think you are? youre guest on our server, you only report rulebreakers if it effects yourself, you never donated a cent and then youre going on me while I am checking players so that you can play without cheaters. Thx Seems you think that there have to be Admins for you and thats its a right to play on our server which we pay for.
    I banned you for that, you wished to play on another server, fine now you can.

#7 Mr.X, 27 March 2013
  8. Loeft1

NRU Heed NRU Member

@ObnoxiousNoob,

Our admins are not only on the server to do their "job" as they don't get paid for any of it (actually they donate to keep the server you are visiting running), they are there to have fun and play the game just like you.
    Yes they do have the responsibility to keep the server running as best they can but if you want to report a rule breaker or other situation its best to do so in calm and polite manner. Especially if the admin later asksyou what is up, going of at him and then not telling what was up is surely not going to help your situation. We in the clan have had many long discussions on how discussing what admins should and shouldn't do actually takes more time away from gaming then the actual adminning tasks do themselves. So if you feel you need to bring something up about our adminning skills please do so here on the forums and not on the in-game chat.

Now if you promise to keep your cool in future times and Sek/Mr X agrees we can lift the ban

9. SCAR-H1988

SCAR-H1988 SEXY T-BAGGER
    NRU Member

Btw laka is there how dramatic decreasing of admin recalls in last month? :D :D

Obnoxious is good guy who had bad day, im sure he learns his lesson and deserves unbanning. :p

And SEK, i appreciate very much your work how you spent so much time to make sure cheaters get busted. :)

#9 SCAR-H1988, 27 March 2013
  10. fucoffhackers

NRU Member

i would also say give the guy a chance .I am allways happy to see his name out there, regards , rich.

11. FortunaMagica

NRU Member

yush! thats exactly the point :)

12. Mr.X

NRU Member

If you ask me I would say NO because I am TIRED of this kind of behaviour from guests. He wanted to play on other servers where admins do a better job, so please...

Your decision Heeds!

13. Loeft1

NRU Heed NRU Member

We'll see how he responds to your and my answers...

14. T11Medic

NRU Member

AW: Banned?

At least a sincere sorry would be nice?

15. crn123

Friend of the NRU

Just random guy, regular or whatsoever... You are always a guest. Admins have no obligation to any player on the server. No one should behave like you did, Mr. Obxnoob. I can say that you are a very nice player and never break the rules - but you crossed the line :/

And to all guests / nonmembers who read this post: just tell the rule breaker's name on chat, and you can actually have an effect to the result you are after :)

#15 crn123, 27 March 2013
  16. SCAR-H1988

SCAR-H1988 SEXY T-BAGGER
    NRU Member

I think that is very sad case, good caring admin vs good regular player.. :( I think Obnoxious just got angry becouse of rule breaking bad guys and he didn't knew SEK was checking players and that was reason he was "ignoring" his reports. Then he did made his mistake, he blamed admins are lazy etc what was wrong. That was not good behavior but this is not fakin North-Korea and i don't think that sad case is wort of ban if guy never breaks any rules and is good lad after all. Come on SEK? <3

17. ObnoxiousNoob

ObnoxiousNoob New Member

First of all, THANK YOU to all the people who I've played with over the years of this server, I appreciate your well wishes! ;)

I play BF2 regularly on several different servers and I enjoy NRU because of the "no air combat" rules. Unfortunately, it seems like those rules are really only good when there is an admin there actively watching and enforcing those rules. I live in western USA so the hours I usually log-on are late-night/early-morning across the pond, and quite often it's just a free-for-all. I find this extremely frustrating. When I play on One Option, Hump 'em & Dump 'em, Nunya, or wherever, I EXPECT there to be air combat and I play accordingly. When I log into NRU, I expect there to be NO air combat. The NRU server is such a different experience when there's admin versus when there's not. (Side note - is there not an auto-admin that can detect air combat and enforce rules?)

As for my issues with SEK - Yes, I probably took it too far yelling at you in front of everyone that night. I lost my temper and was out-of-line. In my own defense, I did report the rulebreaker (guy in jet bombing and bail/splat-ing) three or four times before I started yelling at you. It wasn't you specifically, I was yelling at "admin". If you have access to the logs from that day you can go back and look. First I just stated "NO AIR COMBAT <username>" (I've forgotten who it was now, OUC.. or something), then after he did it again and again, I wrote "!report <user> AIR COMBAT".... still no response from anyone. All the time the rulebreaker sees me reporting it and starts taunting me about being a crybaby/snitch. Then I finally lost it and yelled "ADMIN DO UR JOB" and that's when SEK responded. It was right at the end of a round and I was not in a mood at that point to re-explain what happened & why I was so mad. Plus, earlier that same round you kicked Black_kn1ght (I may have spelled that wrong) for air combat and it wasn't even him doing it. Then when he logged back in and said 'you should get your facts straight before you kick people' you didn't even apologize for kicking an innocent player, you just told him "well, you are back now so..."

I am still very disappointed about the admin-ing that night, but I do apologize for the way I handled it. I lost my cool and shouldn't have been so disrespectful to you, SEK. The admins on NRU are some of the finest I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. They have to be, because of the NO AIR COMBAT rule. That is a HUGE rule to enforce, as it drastically changes the way the game is played.

It would be a shame but maybe I shouldn't play on NRU any more if I get that upset about rulebreakers. I don't like moaning about rulebreakers, I really wish people would just follow the friggin' rules so I (and many other regular NRU players) could just focus on having fun hunting & t-bagging enemies..... ;)

18. Loeft1

NRU Heed NRU Member

Thanks for your response ObnoxiousNoob, I'll talk to Sek about things and let you know the outcome as soon as possible, although it will probably be tomorrow so bare with us please.
    For the Auto admin thing. We have one but it requires to run on a seperate computer with Rcon access this means that only the people with access to the servers backbone can run the Auto-admin program to enforce the rules. Its only 6 of us that have it and most nights our computers will be off thus not running the auto admin...

19. Mr.X

NRU Member

ban lifted.
    I can understand that you are dissapointed cos of rulebreakers but we do this in our sparetime and you cant expect that there are admins all the time or that they can have their eyes everywhere.

Also I dont kow what the BlackNight thing has to do with your case? On one side youre unhappy if we dont kick for aircombat on the other side if we do our job and kick players where airkill showed up in the killmessage you bring it up as negative.
    And btw after he came back and asked he was told why he was kicked and that it sometimes happens that airkills shows up which are not...

#19 Mr.X, 27 March 2013
  20. sordids

NRU Heed NRU Member

the soft side to sek bad arse german but really a teddy bear inside :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice