Ban appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals and Complaints' started by oenomaosfr, 20 March 2013.

1. oenomaosfr

oenomaosfr New Member

Hello guys!
    I've been enjoying playing for a few weeks on your no-fly BF2 server, and had been banned yesterday night, an automated message claiming it was for too much team-killing or by an admin.
    I must say it was quite a shock as it never happened, having always a fair-play behaviour and seldom tk teammates (for which I always apologize ingame immediately afterwards).

Please let me know why I got banned. Cheers!

2. Loeft1

NRU Heed NRU Member

Hi oenomaosfr,

Thanks for your polite appeal.
    The massage you get is one the everyone gets once they are banned (not sure why but more people mentioned it).
    The Admin that banned you will be in touch with you here soon, so keep an eye on this thread!
    In the mean time I hope you enjoy our forum while we try to sort things out.
    If you could give us some more information that would be helpful too such as gaming aliases and games played (BF2,BC2 BF3 etc)
    Did you buy 2 copies of BF2?? I find 2 oenomaosfr's

3. oenomaosfr

oenomaosfr New Member

Hello Loeft1, and thank you for your fast answer.

I actually bought a physical version of BF2 when it got out back in 2008, and recently a digital version on Steam, but connected with my old account login and password. I also owned a physic version of BF2142 and a digital one bought on Origin. I use oenomaosfr on both games.

The alias was oenomaosfr, and the map was strike on karkand. There was only one NRU tagged player but I can't recall his name.
    It was very early this morning, and there were eight players on each side. I was playing on the american side as squad 1 leader. The moment I got banned we were fighting a platoon over the bridge of crash incident, and I can't see what could get me banned.

Thanks by advance!

4. BruceWillii

NRU Member

hi oenomaosfr,

there is another thread about your ban...follow this link: http://noobs-r-us.co.uk/threads/401-oenomaosfr

you were banned by threesix because you killed two person on a roof with one tank shot or sth like that.

5. Art_Br83

NRU Member

Bruce he cant see that thread... it's members' area mate

6. TheJmJ

TheJmJ New Member

Okayyy... I'm curious. So he got banned because he killed 2 guys with 1 tankshot? Seems like a legit ban from my opinion!!

7. ThreeSix

ThreeSix Member

Hi oenomaosfr.
    I banned you cause killing me and one other player with one shot each (for the rest saying with one tank shot, it was one shot EACH from tank machine gun and we were dead).
    Was thinking of some kind of aimbot.
    But I will unban you as soon I get home.

8. ROMMELZ

NRU Member

to kill 2 peeps with 2 shots from a tank hmg ?? something dodgy me thinks:)

9. Art_Br83

NRU Member

if it's a head shot, why not?

10. oenomaosfr

oenomaosfr New Member

Hello '36, and thank you for the explanation on this case.

I understand that you may had been quite troubled by this, and I understand your reaction. I really don't want to seem patronizing, my taste for dark british humor taking the best of me. Nonetheless, if you look up my stats, you could verify a cheater usually has a better K/D ratio than mine. I must add my rather crappy connection isn't really helping my aiming, and being an "almighty grim reaper god of war", roaming battlefields feared by friends and foes alike, seems unfortunately not happening. To my deepest regrets. C'est la vie.

On the other hand, I am quite happy that, at least on your server, admins and clanmates are having a close look on players' actions. This is what made me stop playing BF2, back in '08. The tremenduous increase of -sorry for my language- silly wankers obviously using hacks, and not even pretending not to, took a great toll on both my capacity to relativize, and to make bad jokes. Simultaneously. Sarcasm does not help in front of proudly cheating twats, and my favorite servers were alas contaminated one after the other quicker than the american banking system. Until i got on Project Reality and discover BF2 hadcore gamers -but that's another story.

Recently, I dusted the game off, when I saw it on Steam. Remembering the cool times I had on vanilla BF2 -and its mod Project Reality (I also happened to help them out for the french side)- the privileged part given to teamplay -which sadly Dice let down in its sequels- gave me thrills. THAT was gaming and teamplay at its best. So I grabbed my old gear and set off back to the dusty streets of Kharkand and Jalalabad. Happily, or at least its equivalent for a cynical oldschool gamer -mental picture of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman making a grin to insert here-.

Being banned was a first, and I must add a rather painful experience, coupled to a roar of incomprehension. Well, for that part it's explained and I thank you for it. I'd be glad to see you back on the server and let you see it was definitely a fluke. Maybe I'll make a Bad Luck Brian meme as a souvenir: "Double fluke HS/ Got banned, suspected of aimbot".

Friendly yours,

oenomaosfr

----Updated----

Actually it's done ;) And thank you again for lifting the ban ! Be seeing you ingame, guys :)

#10 oenomaosfr, 22 March 2013
    Last edited: 22 March 2013
  11. fucoffhackers

NRU Member

oenomaosfr , 36 forgot to tell you he gets home in three months ..lmao anyway if i believe your responce is true then you seem like a decent fellow and i look forward to you killing me soon . :)

12. oenomaosfr

oenomaosfr New Member

Hullo Fucoffhackers, and thank you for the post.

As you suggested, I wouldn't waste so much of the NRU gents' time -not to mention mine- for a mere ban on a server amongst hundreds, if it wasn't indeed because it felt wrong and not deserved.

The fact I always used this alias in every FPS also played a role: it was a reliable one. Gamers I played with know Oenomaos isn't the kind to play retarded tricks or bending the rules, and they can count on him to play fair. I said 'i always used' because I understand it isn't the easiest alias to decypher nor remember easily: I had later to change to another one when I went into a clan.

I presume, from the delicate and careful choice of your own alias, that you'd also experienced the frustrating and one-directioned gameplay hackers cheat for. My sincere and non-complacent feelings go to you. I also wished to see those toadlers' accounts reduced to nil, and forbade to approach again a keyboard and a mouse -or a gamepad- ever again.

I'll be delighted to cross weapons with -or against- on the 'field :)

13. fucoffhackers

NRU Member

thanks for the polite response oenomaosfr , at the end of the day big daddy 36 will be here to reply so be patient ... i would like to think you will be ok and back playing NRU servers soon.

earth calling 36 ... earth calling 36 .. come in 36.. are you there ?

14. ThreeSix

ThreeSix Member

lol what is it rich?

15. fucoffhackers

NRU Member

sorry 36 i just noticed that this guys ban is lifted ? he edited his post before ..... jeepers he knows how to use the forum better than me in his first visit lol . thanks, rich.

16. genozide

genozide New Member

[video=youtube;NzlG28B-R8Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzlG28B-R8Y[/video]

17. ThreeSix

ThreeSix Member

lmfao geno!!

18. oenomaosfr

oenomaosfr New Member

That was rich, indeed :)

19. fucoffhackers

NRU Member

funny geno, lol. i do worry about myself sometimes :) regards to you all , rich.

20. genozide

genozide New Member

No offence meant. Just suited the odd situation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice