[BF4] Ban appeal Lambretta_G

Lambretta_G

I was rightfully banned by llamaontheloose (I think?), Stated reason was Admin abuse (i believe thats a joke)
Game was Battlefield 4, "=NRU= Gentleman's T-Bag Club | Max KD 2.0 | 1 Player Start " Server
My in-game ID is Lambretta_G

I wished a horrible disease upon an enemy in chat. Since I see it often in games, I thought its a meme and funny and no one takes it seriously anyway, but obviously not. I was even surprised the chat filter caught it and I got a warning...
I can assure you it won't happen again and I understand if you want to keep me banned from the server.

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Yes, you were right I did ban you. Whilst the chat nanny did give a warning it is one of those words where context is more important than the actual word itself. Even as a “joke” wishing that on someone isn’t funny. As an “older” person I accept that I don’t always get memes and some people playing may have family that are fighting cancer which is why I took the decision to ban.

It probably seems an over reaction to ban but we want the server to be a place to have fun and play without people being abusive. That doesn’t mean you can’t say anything, you just have to be a bit creative sometimes and know the people or server you are with. You wouldn’t go into a room and immediately try a few risqué jokes before seeing what the people are like.In-game chat doesn’t have the nuances of facial expressions and tonal changes a voice has that helps others to know that you were joking.

So, lecture over. Consider your wrist slapped and stand in the naughty corner for ten minutes. 😁 I will unban you later once I can get on the PC.

glenwilson

NRU Heed
Trying to unban but it won't let me at the moment!

Get this when I try:

[10:12:34] llamaontheloose > @unban Lambretta_G Appealed
[10:12:32] AdKats > Say > llamaontheloose > Your role Full Admin (Power Level 151) cannot use Unban Player.