[BF4] Ban appeal BF4

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

ya_said

27 Aug 2020
Said "white chocolate is better than black chocolate. there i said it #unpopularopinion" (word for word, no more no less)
-Banned for racist comment by lakaelo??????
Alias: ya_said
BF4
Ban was approx. 11 pm GMT+2

what's racist about chocolate?

You exactly know in which context you said it. Just after an automatic ban for N word. Don't play the victim please. You wanted to make provocation and play with fire so you get a ban for that. You tried, you lost, no more, no less.

i didn't notice an N word ban. someone said "want to say something racist as well?" and i was making fun of his statement.

So you are affirming that your comment was relating to racism. It's strange because it is exactly the contrary of what you wrote in you first message, writing as if you didn't understand the reason of the ban but of course you know this reason. You thought it was a good idea ? You tried, you lost mate, that's all. There is no fun to have from racism.

I wrote "Sorry ?", "Want to make some racist comment too ?" because a player said "maybe that's why your server is so empty" after the automatic ban.

You are playing with fire and then you complain if you get burned but that's your own fault.

Last edited:
can´t see any fun in here
13320:57 Aug 27, 2020Banned
ya_said
#unpopularopinion
13420:57 Aug 27, 2020FreakingRage!yell move your cocks out of redzone /base
13620:57 Aug 27, 2020Warned
We4re0ne
13720:57 Aug 27, 2020Warned
We4re0ne
yep, sometimes silence is gold
13920:57 Aug 27, 2020OnetimeWinner67u couldnt be more wrong

14220:57 Aug 27, 2020Banned
ya_said
there, i said it
14320:57 Aug 27, 2020Banned
ya_said
white chocolate is better than black chocolate
14420:57 Aug 27, 2020FreakingRagethe sever isnt empty even iam full lol
14520:57 Aug 27, 2020Warned
We4re0ne
Drive out of base / redzone for shooting please
14620:56 Aug 27, 2020Lord-BonaparteWant to make some racist comment too ?
14820:56 Aug 27, 2020Warned
We4re0ne
Its not empty at all
15120:56 Aug 27, 2020MITZZ99maybe thats why your server is so empty
15220:55 Aug 27, 2020Warned
We4re0ne
dam dam daaaaam
15320:55 Aug 27, 2020Banned
Gelst
Bow? My niggah thats crazy shit

"u couldnt be more wrong " someone did take it as a joke and responded relating to black chocolate being better and didn't take it as a racist comment, and i really didn't see the N word in the chat, i'm not here to play victim, but you also shouldn't play moral superiority and label me as a racist for something as small and because you assumed my intentions the way you wanted it to be, to others it did turn into a simple funny lighthearted comment about chocolate that shows how unnecessarily serious the "Want to make some racist comment too ?" threat was.

" You wanted to make provocation and play with fire " No, that's not what i wanted, stop assuming people's intentions.
"You tried, you lost mate, that's all. " "....play with fire..." and why are you talking as if i was challenging you? is this about you feeling powerful and morally superior to others by banning them? feeling righteous?
doesn't matter if remove the ban or not, there are many servers, but this thing you're doing is not right. maybe even the guy who said the N-word was actually black, does that make him racist? wouldn't that make you wrong for banning him for using a word that is normally used in his culture? doesn't matter. because you just assumed who he was, the color of his skin and banned him for a common word in his culture, making you the actual racist in this scenario, or would this be a case of cultural appropriation?

I cannot respond constructively to such an absurd comment.

Reactions: lakaelo
doesn't matter if remove the ban or not, there are many servers, but this thing you're doing is not right. maybe even the guy who said the N-word was actually black, does that make him racist? wouldn't that make you wrong for banning him for using a word that is normally used in his culture? doesn't matter. because you just assumed who he was, the color of his skin and banned him for a common word in his culture, making you the actual racist in this scenario, or would this be a case of cultural appropriation?

we have plenty warnings ingame that there will be a autoban for the N word even in different spellings/variations. also having still some tryhards who testing the languagenanny where is the line to cross and also gettings banned. or at some point, getting banned by a admin.

its easy and simple and we and the other player like to play on a server wihtout this insulting or offensive comments you have on other server out there.

so ban stays. case closed.

Again, you guys are missing the point, i'm trying to tell you that i wasn't "testing lines". that was not my intention. I do see how my comment looked in light of the ban that happened just before. but i didn't see that part in the chat before i typed my comment, and if had seen it, i wouldn't have wrote the chocolate comment because of how it would look like. it was some stupid joke poking fun at the threat "want to say something racist too?", which i thought was an actual joke at the time, by actually talking about chocolate. white/black chocolate was NOT a euphemism of race.it meant "yeah, i'll say something controversial about colour, but it's about chocolate!", making it about me liking white chocolate, which almost nobody does, and that's where the joke lies. sorry if you didn't get it. but don't dictate to me what my intentions are -"you were testing lines"- no i wasn't, it was you who considered that i was doing so. but it was NOT what i meant.
it wasn't meant to offend anyone, i'm from a different country and a different culture, i missed the bad part of the conversation, I didn't understand that it would offend someone. stop saying that this was what i wanted to do, stop acting as if you know my intention more than me, I'm telling you it wasn't my intention to be offensive.
I'm not here discussing the ban anymore as much as I'm trying to make things clear, I didn't mean for it to be insulting or offensive to anyone (except maybe chocolate lovers), you are blowing this way out of proportion and translating it in an extreme way.

I cannot respond constructively to such an absurd comment.
Sorry if it was my English. but i'm trying to make a point that even the guy you banned, who actually used the N-word, might not be considered to have said a racist term because he might be black, which gives him the right to use that word and not be offensive, you can't walk up to a black guy in the street and tell him not to use the N-word because it's offensive. so yeah, "context".
and yes, i didn't understand that what i said was offensive, as explained above. nor was i aware of the ban and usage of the N-word.

its not about to put a ceiling on what someone like to say or how he had to talk to each other. maybe black, white, christian, muslemic, jewish or everyone else people can call each other names as long as they like it.
but everyone have to understand and i think its a simple rule in real life too, that as long as i am with other people, even more i don´t know them, that i have to be a more "common" behavior and not to, even unintentionally, insult other people or make them feeling uncomfortable.

thats the point on our server, we are a internationmal clan with members from all over the world, different religions and cultures. same as our player on the server. we all wanted to have some decent time on the server and just have fun and a good time.

That rule is simply common logic, i even said that if i had seen the racist message, i wouldn't have wrote what i wrote. I'm not trying to be insensitive toward other people.

even unintentionally
How is it possible to stop yourself from doing something that you didn't mean to do??
And being an international clan you need to realise that not all people have the same thoughts, in my country there are many normal words that would be considered offensive in another country. one could join the server, say something that is normal to him and then suddenly gets banned not knowing why. In this case you're not banning people for being offensive, you're just punishing them for not knowing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread