Application To Join

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Karl

Karl

NRU Member
1 May 2017
Hi Guys & Gals

My name is Karl better know as aka ZIP I'm an old fart as some would say 51 coming on 52 in June oh how its fun getting older NOT ..

But i am still young at heart and love playing FPS games ,I've been playing games from the very start back when spectrum Sinclair was amazing and Amiga commodore was the thing ,Boy them days were so fun .Quake was first big hit for me and lets not forget doom they were the two games that started my love for FPS shooters . One game I played to death on the Amiga commodore was Green Beret
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Cheers :D

hqdefault.jpg

took a platoon recruitment to get ya to apply mate :-D welcome XD and dont worry about your age, youll fit right in with the rest of the old cocks XD

Reactions: Karl
Here we go again another young kid.......didnt even mention the ZX81 (I think thats what it was called) I still got one somewhere.
Welcome and good luck with your app.

Cheers all .

I thought that spectrum Sinclair was ZX81 (y)

The spectrum came after, two or three versions I think.
I remember being up all night typing a progam in basic with all the "peeks and pokes and gosubs etc." then run the program in the morning and a matchstick man runs across the screen and its all over in three seconds. After 6 hours of typing......the good old days :sick::mad:

does this voting just work by people posting in this thread or is there somewhere to see the votes ?

There was the ZX80, then the ZX81 (which had a RAM pack that wobbled and reset everything and also a thermal printer - used it to do my work expenses on). I think both of these came made or in kit form. Sinclair also did a 50mm portable TV which I used with the ZX81 making a portable machine.

The spectrum was a colour machine and a lot more powerful. Didn't get that because I got a VIC20 and then a C64.

Oh, hello Zip!

@lakaelo wheres the link to see the voting oldboy :)

@glenwilson Hi man hows things ,Yeah i had vic20 & c64 as well loved them ,My friends had 100's of game for them on tape lool ,We would sit copying them took so long ...

Hahaha come on all ready join me :)

Last edited:
That's evil :) dont worry ill get you in game ,Oh you dont play BF1 :(

Reactions: glenwilson
Can't do anything against but this name always reminds me at:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: glenwilson

Users who are viewing this thread