Antivirus

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Raven

Raven

NRU Member
3 Apr 2019
Hi Guys,

I have always used Eset NOD32 as my antivirus as it always scores well on the tests and have no impact on gaming.

I have noticed that over the years it has started scoring less well and others also now claim no impact on gaming.

Just wondering what others use and if there are any recommendations as I am thinking about a change.

Nothing else than what Windows brings by default. I never had any warning nonetheless while having an antivirus. Also such a programm can be a weak point itself too.

I used to use Bitdefender/Kaspersky but now just use Windows Defender

Nothing else than what Windows brings by default. I never had any warning nonetheless while having an antivirus. Also such a programm can be a weak point itself too.
used that also for over a year but now the windows defender also not so good scoring anymore. today i installed https://www.kaspersky.de/free-antivirus on all maschines. very well and in the last tests it was same score as the payment version on 1. place

Reactions: dcyper
I don't use any anti virus. I'm quite carefull with downloading stuff even when u download stuff on the piratebay I never got a virus for over 10 years without any antivirus.

But malwarebytes is one of the best

Default Windows AV and Firewall.

Never used Kaspersky which seems more of a risk depending on what you read and Norton seems to be malware that you buy.

Not saying viruses are not a risk but companies leaking our data is more of a problem! Make sure you have a decent backup strategy - even if it is just an external HD that you keep unplugged but plug in to do a backup regularly.

Reactions: We4re0ne
Ive always used Norton 360 on everything, PCs, Pads, Phones, with their cloud backup. Dont know if it is good or bad but never had any probs (so far).

Windows defender is a pain in the arse. My laptop used for car diagnostics gets connected to internet max once in a month, but that sucker manages to download win updates. And when it happens, defender (disabled by me) restarts and erases all my diag software as a virus 🤣
Conclusion = its a good one :D

• Haha
Reactions: lakaelo

Users who are viewing this thread