Anime!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
blugi21

blugi21

Crazy, mad, insane!
NRU Member
17 Jan 2021
Rauma, Finland
Anyone else here who enjoys anime? Decided to make this thread to discuss about the topic. :)

My story starts about 2 years ago when my two nieces started to demand me to watch 7 deadly sins. I knew what anime was at that point but was not interested in it. Well we know how demanding couple elementary schoolers can be (watch it, watch it, watch it, it is so cool show, watch it, watch it!) and after 2 weeks of pressuring me i "gave up" and said "ok i will watch the first episode for you"...................

As you guessed it did not stay on the first episode and pinge watched 2 seasons on the go and got little hooked. ๐Ÿ˜

Been watching different animes since then and now i started One Piece. 7 episodes done and about 900 to go (plus extras). Loving it so far! ^^

Since about 15 years I am watching One Piece. It was shown on TV after school first and now I watch every new episode each sunday and even read the manga every week (sadly I don't own the full collection). It's just great, especially the current story arc.

I plan to watch Attack On Titan some day, but there should be the fourth season out so I can get all episodes within one month subscription on AnimeOnDemand.

Last edited:
Since about 15 years I am watching One Piece. It was shown on TV after school first and now I watch every anime each sunday and even read the manga (sadly I don't own the full collection). It's just great, especially the current story arc.

I plan to watch Attack On Titan some day, but there should be the fourth season out so I can get all episodes within one month subscription on AnimeOnDemand.
You wont be dissappointed with AoT! One of the best ones I've seen so far. ^^

My favorite at this point is Demon Slayer. Great story with good Characters, nicely made different demons and God damn the art is beautiful! I'm not a visual guy but at this show I had to pause the screen and just admire how the trees in background were drawn. :)

I watched the Demon Slayer trailer before and the visuals are really impressive. Might add that to my must-watch-list too!

Reactions: blugi21
3 years ego i watched my first anime wich was One Punch Man and i watched it 3 times already. Its not rly long but the humor is just on point for me.

I also watched first season of AoT but it makes me fee uneasy sometimes so i am not continuing it for a little while xD but the plot is rly good and has a lot of twists and turns!

I watched the Demon Slayer trailer before and the visuals are really impressive. Might add that to my must-watch-list too!
Demon Slayer is a must watch. The story is amazing, but the visuals and music are the best I've ever seen. Watched a fair share of anime, but ya know, adult life happened so not that much time anymore :rolleyes:

Currently following season 2 part 2 of Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken, I love this one :D

Never watched much, like some alot, but something what kills my desire of watching is the fillers, google "anime name filler list" and do not watch those episodes.
Fillers are horrible, because they are not part of the story, they are not made by the creator/writer of the series, so where do we draw the limit of what can happen in a filler created by the network to leech views while the creator finished the next part of the storyline?

Evangelion (Old but Gold)
Bleach (stopped in the Bount filler, couldn't take more of that, then started to get the filler list)
Naruto (TOP)
Elfen Lied (Miniserie)
Golden Boy (Really Funny)

i think that is all,
also got a list of deep storyline anime from my brother in law, haven't tried but i believe they're gonna be good.

Rah Xephon (Deep, music/spiritual)
Bakurano (Deep meaning (maze))
Biomega (Mad though)
Claymore (Spiritual)
Eden.

Yes, not a ton but some:

Naruto - now Boruto
Demon Slayer
Goblin Slayer (Dont do it! It will haunt you)
Xam'd Lost Memories (1)
Darling in The FranXX (1) Both a little super lovey dovey anime like if you know what i mean
One Piece (Stopped at some point)

And now waiting for second Season of Tower of God. (reading the webtoon atm and its awesome.

Thats it. Not a lot since i dislike a lot so its very rare for me to pick one out i really like to watch.

Never watched much, like some alot, but something what kills my desire of watching is the fillers, google "anime name filler list" and do not watch those episodes.
Fillers are horrible, because they are not part of the story, they are not made by the creator/writer of the series, so where do we draw the limit of what can happen in a filler created by the network to leech views while the creator finished the next part of the storyline?

Evangelion (Old but Gold)
Bleach (stopped in the Bount filler, couldn't take more of that, then started to get the filler list)
Naruto (TOP)
Elfen Lied (Miniserie)
Golden Boy (Really Funny)

i think that is all,
also got a list of deep storyline anime from my brother in law, haven't tried but i believe they're gonna be good.

Rah Xephon (Deep, music/spiritual)
Bakurano (Deep meaning (maze))
Biomega (Mad though)
Claymore (Spiritual)
Eden.
Ah yes the filler episodes... They really are a pain but luckily can be skipped. Other ones that ive seen lately are the "what happened so far" episodes. ๐Ÿคฎ
I'm gonna put those you listed on my check list. ^^

Demon Slayer is a must watch. The story is amazing, but the visuals and music are the best I've ever seen. Watched a fair share of anime, but ya know, adult life happened so not that much time anymore :rolleyes:

Currently following season 2 part 2 of Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken, I love this one :D
That show has been on my watch list but havent gotten into it yet. ๐Ÿ™‚

And now waiting for second Season of Tower of God. (reading the webtoon atm and its awesome.
That sounds interesting. Gonna watch it at some point. ^^

A friend of mine was a big Anime fan when we were 14 or so but I just didnโ€™t enjoy any of it . Found out a few years later that 90% of what he showed me was actually Hentai. So that might have had something to do with why Anime and I didnโ€™t get off to a great start lol

can only tell you. watch Tower of God
Some good simping betrayal action with a massive cliffhanger at the end.
Thats why i HAD to red the wetoon and ohhh boy.
Season 2 will be fcking awesome.
Season 1 is maybe like 1/30 of the now existing timeline which is still far far far away from beeing finished.

Just an awesome Anime thta has a lot of potential if all the other stuff will ever be made into an anime

Since we are talking about anime here... cant forget about Spirited Away, right? That movie or any other Studio Ghibli stuff is all top quality. (Thats my opinion but also not just my opinion xD i know a lot of people in love with Ghibli studio stuff and there is a reason why :) )

Since we are talking about anime here... cant forget about Spirited Away, right? That movie or any other Studio Ghibli stuff is all top quality. (Thats my opinion but also not just my opinion xD i know a lot of people in love with Ghibli studio stuff and there is a reason why :) )
You are absolutely correct! First time i saw that i was still in school and the girls wanted to watch it (like i said was not into anime then myself). I really enjoyed it then but of course i didnt show it and just said "it is just another cartoon for the kids". Needed to act cool... Jesus i was stupid back then. ๐Ÿ˜

But like you said those movies are great and i must see them again soon ^^

You are absolutely correct! First time i saw that i was still in school and the girls wanted to watch it (like i said was not into anime then myself). I really enjoyed it then but of course i didnt show it and just said "it is just another cartoon for the kids". Needed to act cool... Jesus i was stupid back then. ๐Ÿ˜

But like you said those movies are great and i must see them again soon ^^
Movie night with cookies and toblerone when?

• Yay
To be honest I donโ€™t know the difference between anime, hentai, manga, it all looks to me like a Power Rangers cartoon and never watched for longer than a minute or two. Am I missing something ? :unsure:

To be honest I donโ€™t know the difference between anime, hentai, manga, it all looks to me like a Power Rangers cartoon and never watched for longer than a minute or two. Am I missing something ? :unsure:
Highly recomend anything from Studio Ghibli. It all has an entertaining plot with astounding visuals. Best start with spirited away. :) (yes u are missing out but just a bit)

Manga is the drawn thing on paper. Anime is the animated version. And hentai is the stuff with with tentacles.

Users who are viewing this thread