Andys new setup

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
AndyS40

AndyS40

22 Aug 2012
Staffordshire (UK)
www.flickr.com
So ive been upgrading a few things just of late
Screen as some of you may know went from a 27" 1080p to a Asus 28" 4k it's an amazing screen but to get the most out of it you'll need a pretty powerful graphics card which is on the cards for next year maybe, to run 4k on ultra settings it needs 8GB a least :(
But still get decent Fps on high 70ish in that region at 2560 but to run ultra will go down to 30Fps at 3840
Had a new keyboard some months ago Corsair k50 gaming keyboard which isn't the best gaming board out there but still nice
Newish speakers (Creative t40) as last ones give up and stopped working
Ive just made a new solid oak computer desk at work 2" thick top and 3.5" legs this turned out really nice, about 3 hours work involved as all the machines you need are at where I work so it's easy
And lastly is a new AK racing chair which has really impressed me a lot quality is again really good
Youll have to excuse the dirty mouse mat needs a wash :p

Untitled

Hope you like my little setup
I spend a lot of time in front of my PC so comfort is important to me :)

Nice, I'm waiting for the new Intel cpus to come out before doing my next upgrade.

Nice desk Andy. Looks really good. It is really satisfying making stuff and when it turns out as good as that you should be pleased.

WAs looking to see if I could find something similar as my Mum was considering something like that and most were £400+. Also the lack of visible cables is impressive!

Hahaha now then my dear Watson that is the question I was hoping some one would ask or notice, where are all the bloody cables, well there hidden :joker:
Cable management is the key and the very well hidden hope you like
Here is a clue

Untitled 9

Elementary Holmes! I've tried cable ties, channeling, conduits etc. but as soon as you think it is done usually find something needs to change so ends up looking like a rats nest! A family could live in that PC case though! Just add some wheels and you could tow it as a holiday home! It looks massive! :)

Been labelling the cables behind the receiver today! Also removed a few redundant cables. So efficient

Are you sure you are German? I would have thought you cables would be more like that below!

I know I have a great grand father who was German so maybe that is finally surfacing! Did remove about 40m network cable earlier and replaced it with shorter runs to a switch.

Attachments

• cables.jpg
    cables.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 16
in a lot of thing i am really not the typical german. lol really not. lmao

but to senk my head in shame i just bought some new power plugs to sort this mess. even more last time i hoovered under the desk i tangled the hoover in the fucking cables and i was yelling words thrue the hole house. lol

One of the server rooms we run (I say we, it's actually one guy on the same floor as the room) is exactly like this:
Server spaghetti 1
(he also doesn't remove old cables but cuts the heads off and leaves them in, I have no idea why
but with about 50 more servers than in that but it's okay as I have to help him from now on :'(

One of the server rooms we run (I say we, it's actually one guy on the same floor as the room) is exactly like this:
View attachment 2879
(he also doesn't remove old cables but cuts the heads off and leaves them in, I have no idea why
but with about 50 more servers than in that but it's okay as I have to help him from now on :'(

...only the genius controlled the chaos. :D

Users who are viewing this thread