A Long Story

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
After a very long dormant period I have resumed with my little project
I have had a lot of problems with the diamond cutting discs (being the only discs thin enough for the job) either the hole in them is not exactly centre or the disc is slightly warped.

Disc were meant for a dremel with the centre hole of just 3mm so that any stress on the disc will just bend the shaft, so ended up drilling the hole for a 6mm shaft for a bit more strength.
This doesnt guarantee a central hole so have to fine tune by bending the shaft slightly to compensate (when set can not be touched again), also the disc is thicker when new (0.6mm) and loses thickness with wear. Here are a few pics of progress and where it is now.

1606406190675 IMG 1815 IMG 1816527 IMG 1817528 IMG 1821529
Next step fine lap both sides and then nickel plate.
Its been a rough journey learning along the way but will be better equipped when I do the second one 🤞

Reactions: ItsDABAUZZ
I have broken it, the 3 jaw self centering chuck has cast jaws which are then machined. They would be stronger if made of tool steel. Can still use it by using the other drill chuck,
same M12 fitting. An original chuck is like gold dust to find and price to match but I can get a replacement for about £40 from India.
Two broken teeth

Reactions: glenwilson
Looks like I’m back here again with computer probs. Switched off yesterday with everything fine, one hour later switched back on and fans fired up for about half a Sec. and then nothing (power supply fan continued for about 30secs after sw/off which is normal, cap discharge). Today is going to be diagnosis day, at the moment it’s looking like power supply troubles, it’s exactly 1 year old and shouldn’t have issues with power (1200w).
Here we go again, piece of shit 🤣

6 hours spent on the poxy thing in all. Disconnected everything and put computer on kitchen table for more room and easier access. Then checked 24 pin conn. and CPU pwr conn. then powered up computer and still dead.
Removed 1200w psu and connected 1050w psu, powered it up and it was working (fans + pump running + lights), so 1200w must be fucked.
Got my multimeter out and checked all outputs on psu and all ok :unsure:, so ckecked all leads for continuity and all checked out fine, getting really confused and pissed off with this. Now plugged the 1200w back in with the only difference the cpu pwr (12pin 8+4), psu has 2x8 into 4x4 so one of the 4 is not used so used the unused one instead of the other. Powered up and fans, pump and lights now working, including psu fan :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:.
Take computer back upstairs and plug it all in, all lights up, fans, pump all working but no output to monitors, checks pci pwr to graphics card all seems fine, usb3 hub lights up but no mouse/keyboard control :depressed:.
Last resort before looking for the hammer, power off, reset CMOS, power on and its all working again 🥰.
Conclusion of the problem: Fuck Knows, it is a now working again piece of shit that always comes round when threatened with the hammer 🔨🪓😂😂

After seeing some good reviews for this Brave browser, decided to download/install it for a trial run. Just minutes after install found first problem on this site.
1619971342920 1619971433945
The left one is Firefox and the right is Brave. Is anyone using this browser and is there an extension so that I can see the server on Brave too ?

After seeing some good reviews for this Brave browser, decided to download/install it for a trial run. Just minutes after install found first problem on this site.
View attachment 11156View attachment 11157
The left one is Firefox and the right is Brave. Is anyone using this browser and is there an extension so that I can see the server on Brave too ?
i used brave for some month now but already back to firefox because they had done also a huge improvement in privacy. even the tor plugin is now available for firefox.

Looks fairly good but have switched back to Firefox, at least I know where Im at. (y)(y)

Users who are viewing this thread