a different way to play; bf3 hands free

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Marenghi

Marenghi

3 Dec 2012
Worcestershire, UK
a guy posted this on a technology forum i visit, truly amazing and inspiring to watch him play.

[video=youtube;FWALgainhBk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWALgainhBk[/video]

Makes me feel ashamed for my able bodied rage quits

That was very touching see that poor guy playing with his help equipment. It makes me want join same squad and try protect/help him. Damn technology of nowadays is awesome, hopefully doctors can some day cure all diseases and injuries. Cameras replacing lost eyes, machine or cloned real organs replacing damaged organs, robot suits what can make paralyzed mobile and independent again etc...

Being disabled will automatically discriminate you in "normal" society. His playing style looks a bit different because of the way in which he has to play but if you were playing against or with him you would have no way of knowing that the person had such limited functions. Just learning a method of playing and still remaining within the rules of no macros and cheats ( when in this case you could argue that they have a genuine use ) is inspiring.

I've tried playing BF3 on the PS3 with a controller and failed horribly because of a lack of commitment yet this guys achieves that.

It also shows why comments and abuse in chat should be treated seriously because you never know who is also reading them and how it may affect them.

he had a nice setup so he walk or run with one keyhit and can move direction with the trackball. but he have a remarkable coordination also.

i invited him to pop in here and maybe play some rounds together. saw he is playing bf3 and bf4.

Being disabled will automatically discriminate you in "normal" society. His playing style looks a bit different because of the way in which he has to play but if you were playing against or with him you would have no way of knowing that the person had such limited functions. Just learning a method of playing and still remaining within the rules of no macros and cheats ( when in this case you could argue that they have a genuine use ) is inspiring.

I've tried playing BF3 on the PS3 with a controller and failed horribly because of a lack of commitment yet this guys achieves that.

It also shows why comments and abuse in chat should be treated seriously because you never know who is also reading them and how it may affect them.

Your last point is a very good one Glen and I think I'll have to think twice in future before I fly off the handle in chat...

It does'nt matter how bad you have it, there is always someone worst off than you. It makes me feel embarrassed that he could probably kick the shit out of me in BF3 still.
Very inspiring.
Maybe I should try that setup to see if I can get any better.

Users who are viewing this thread