A bit of my work

Sweney

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Maine
hi guys and gals this video is one of a house i cut the parts for. many of u know i work in the modular home industry.im the millroom guy ... meaning i precut all floor joists, ceiling joists , rafters and a bunch more. anyway this is one that we shipped last friday it was a show house fopr the roadisland homeshow. this house is 42ft wide by 46ft long .. we built it in 3 sections anyway enjoy the video [video=youtube;3Fr0B9poAL0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Fr0B9poAL0[/video]

_MiNi_

DOCH !
Friend of the NRU
15 Mar 2012
Bloody awesome m8...

Though call me old fashioned I prefer a cavaty wall 6" concret block built house on proper dug concrete filled foundations...None of this floatign foundations nonsense ;)

http://www.johnfarrellinsulation.ie/classified/house22.gif

We toyed around with prebuilt timber frame 'superwarm' houses a while back but they fell out of favour.

Steffos666

NRU Member
16 Oct 2012
Köln
nicely made video :D

lol what is one of those roughly worth ??

and how long does one of those last ??

this always interests me when i see those in films :D

BruceWillii

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Germany
looks good.

but if i would show that vid to my boss (Doctor in structural engineering) he would say something like:

ah nice plaything. arent these the wood houses in america totally crushing into pieces if a little tornado comes along??? :)

Sweney

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Maine
Lol those are.full houses usually set on concrete foundations. This one would probably sell for 150,000 to 200,000 with all the high end stuff in it.I don't have a putrid but we also build 4 story condos/ dorm buildings. I'll find a pic to pay when I get home of one we did recently.it $$$ 32pieces or what we call.boxes all of them were around 66ft by 12ft wide sections.they set this I've in the vid up at Home show

- - - Updated - - -

Jets a sample of the stuff we build we build
When you buy a modular from KBS, you buy the best modular product available.

Steffos666

NRU Member
16 Oct 2012
Köln
Lol those are.full houses usually set on concrete foundations. This one would probably sell for 150,000 to 200,000 with all the high end stuff in it.I don't have a putrid but we also build 4 story condos/ dorm buildings. I'll find a pic to pay when I get home of one we did recently.it $$$ 32pieces or what we call.boxes all of them were around 66ft by 12ft wide sections.they set this I've in the vid up at Home show

- - - Updated - - -

Jets a sample of the stuff we build we build
When you buy a modular from KBS, you buy the best modular product available.
lol building your own home is a lot less expensive than german (european ;)?) stone houses ^^ and we laugh about american cardboard bunkers ^^

thanks for the answer another mistery solved ^^

Sweney

NRU Member
15 Mar 2012
Maine
http://www.aetrium.com/file/press-releases/04-03-14-v3.pdf. done get me wrong steffos we build whatever the customer wants if they want a 6,000 sqft house with nothing but the best stuff in it we will build it but if they want a cheap home we will build that too lol.

- - - Updated - - -

its good the owner of the company is retiring, nothing is going to change in my plant. the new owners are looking to expand in the future so we may be building houses for more states then we do already

Steffos666

NRU Member
16 Oct 2012
Köln
http://www.aetrium.com/file/press-releases/04-03-14-v3.pdf. done get me wrong steffos we build whatever the customer wants if they want a 6,000 sqft house with nothing but the best stuff in it we will build it but if they want a cheap home we will build that too lol.

- - - Updated - - -

its good the owner of the company is retiring, nothing is going to change in my plant. the new owners are looking to expand in the future so we may be building houses for more states then we do already
oh lol i thought they bought the whole company :D ahhhhhh ^^ got you completely wrong

lakaelo

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Münstermaifeld
www.mayfieldgarden.de

- - - Updated - - -

oh lol i thought they bought the whole company :D ahhhhhh ^^ got you completely wrong
they have bought the whole company. lol

Steffos666

NRU Member
16 Oct 2012
Köln

- - - Updated - - -

they have bought the whole company. lol
:joker: oops:eek:

lakaelo

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Münstermaifeld
www.mayfieldgarden.de
hey sweney, found the video of my house. its similar built like your houses and it take only 2 days to put it on our ground. :joker:

after all it is a energy-saving-house with extra large insulation. we extended the house with geothermal heating, solar heating and a photovoltaic system on the roof. now we have a energyplus house and producing around 9000 kWh a year but only consume around 4000 kWh.

[video=youtube;FbwztHRMF68]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbwztHRMF68[/video]

Steffos666

NRU Member
16 Oct 2012
Köln
lol laka even if you dont have the best stats in bf :D

your house will still have the best stats ever ;) awesome :D we have a photovoltaic system on the roof too :D and we heat the whole house 365 days with selfmade firewood out of our own forest :D

glenwilson

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Falkirk, United Kingdom
hey sweney, found the video of my house. its similar built like your houses and it take only 2 days to put it on our ground. :joker:

after all it is a energy-saving-house with extra large insulation. we extended the house with geothermal heating, solar heating and a photovoltaic system on the roof. now we have a energyplus house and producing around 9000 kWh a year but only consume around 4000 kWh.
Wow, looks like a big kit! So cool. If it was made by Ikea you would have a bolt missing or an extra bit that you have no idea where it goes. Think I'll go and order one.

lakaelo

NRU Heed
15 Mar 2012
Münstermaifeld
www.mayfieldgarden.de

Wow, looks like a big kit! So cool. If it was made by Ikea you would have a bolt missing or an extra bit that you have no idea where it goes. Think I'll go and order one.
lmao it was a bit too expansive to be from ikea. lol