5k video cut

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
StrrawberryA

StrrawberryA

DMRs are war crime
NRU Member
7 Jan 2021
South Bohemia
Hey folks,

I have recently bought a GoPro HERO 9, which is able to capture videos in 5k. Wanting to cut and make some videos, I tried to do the thing with Davinci Resolve, but it was not able to even import the videos into the timeline. (and tried to find the solution with google but none of them worked) So I tried Adobe Premiere Pro, which worked with the 5k pretty well, until I tried to export the video and it crashed every single time on encoding. (Seeing that many people have this same kind of problem, which stays unresolved with the "Hope the next update will fix it" statement) Most of people recommend to go away from Adobe, but since it is so far the only one that was able to cut the 5k, I would stay with it, if it worked lol

So, do you know any software that can work with 5k, or any advice on fixing the Adobe Premiere pro?
Thanks.
Have nice rest of a weekend all!

I actually had no issues cutting 4K in premiere, and exporting them indeed, are you using the add to render queue?

I have a feeling that where you crash is the "add to media encoder queue" media encoder never works for me sadly.

Go export, add to render queue, render. (don't forget that there could be formats that don't support resolution higher than full hd, select HEVC h.265 or h.264)

Reactions: StrrawberryA
I actually had no issues cutting 4K in premiere, and exporting them indeed, are you using the add to render queue?

I have a feeling that where you crash is the "add to media encoder queue" media encoder never works for me sadly.

Go export, add to render queue, render. (don't forget that there could be formats that don't support resolution higher than full hd, select HEVC h.265 or h.264)
I've deleted Adobe in rage, so I'll install it again and try, thanks!

Reactions: Deleted member 2634
Let me know what happens, perhaps I will be able to help further . I'm using a hero 8 black..
Well somehow it worked straight after reinstall. Another problem appeared on some "bad frames" that are crashing the whole thing, but it happens in like 1/5 cases so I can get over it. Had to set the bitrate to maximum otherwise the video looks so shit. Anyway I'll probably GP back to 4k since 5k is only 30 fps and making a slowmotion of it looks not that good. So far I got no device with 5k resolution anyway :D

Users who are viewing this thread