10 facts about Poland

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
ulthart

ulthart

NRU Member
13 Aug 2012
Poland
Every country has something that stands out from other countries. Poland is no exception.
Ten facts about Poland

[video=youtube;W4g0o3sPVBM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4g0o3sPVBM[/video]

One important Thing you forgot Ulthart !!! Polish ladies are REALLY nice !

Btw, I like Bigos and Pirogi very much, you have good Food in Poland my friend !

Odp: Re: 10 facts about Poland

Yes, Polish girls are awesome. Bigos and pierogi are the best food under the sun :)
And of course, Polish vodka :) I am glad that you have tried Polish cuisine, my friend :)

Re : 10 facts about Poland

Never tasted it but pierogis looks better than bigos.
99.7% literacy rate but training bears to smoke and drink beers : isn't there something wrong !??...

Here is the most popular Polish ambassador in France :
[video=youtube;gbCdSBpd0lM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbCdSBpd0lM[/video]

They are too !

Odp: 10 facts about Poland

Never tried pierogi or bigos? You have to make up for it :)
In France, there were many prominent Poles. Maria Curie-Sklodowska, Adam Mickiewicz, Fryderyk Chopin. Although I have heard from a friend that the Frenchman Maria Curie-Sklodowska was from France :) Lol
What to teach a bear drinking and smoking a note of it was during World War 2. I do not know what is this 99.7% literacy rate?

Hi Ulthard,

Literacy is the ablility to read and write (so not analphabetic).

My sister in law is from Poland (Elblag / Elbink) and she is such a nice cook, love it (and she uses lot of produce from poland that family brings in). What i liked during their marriage is that the glass in the church (in Elblag) was written on in German (from Preussian times). I think poland has quite an intrigueing history with al the annexations and recoveries in the last 4 centuries.
Futhermore, i have polish shop and bakery round the corner, where i like to get chleb en piwo sometimes:)

20140922 1726341

Last edited:

I knew Marie Curie was born in Poland but French naturalized so ...
Never heard about Adam Mickiewicz ...

Fryderyk Chopin version
=> 80's French remix : [video=youtube;Ot_tRRlxe1A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot_tRRlxe1A[/video]

Nowadays in France, there is a bad opinion about Polish people (and Romanian, Bulgarian, Hungarian, Estonian, ...), thanks to european economic laws, you know !?
There was a typical cliché with the Polish plumber, who was coming from Poland to seal over your water leak cheaper than a French one : a sort of unfair but legal competition !
In every day life, you can see plenty of Polish truck drivers on our roads (who are famed for not respecting european social regulations), with german, danish, belgian, italian and even spanish and portuguese (and Norbert Dentressangle) trailers, who can never been understood in reception offices !
I must admit it's a bad feeling for me to meet a Polish truck driver with another country trailer, even if I'm not (...wasn't !) an international truck driver.
But I know it's not his fault and not people's fault : I would surely do the same thing at his place !
Norbert Dentressangle was recruiting, last year, a polish speaker operator in the beside department !!!...

Work, work, work ! Money, money, money !! Not to much fo you, labourer : my big money needs money to become bigger money : have to pay fuel for my Veneno !!!....
Everything is good to reach this goal, even angering people !!!...

Go Donald Tusk !!!...

But cook is a topic that could really get angry a French guy !!! (I'm a pro micro-waves cooker !...)
Pierogis looks like italian raviolis ! What are they differents ? I'm not against tasting !

I wish I could be to the '69 Woodstock festival but all the modern and fake ones are only drugs experimentations (watch your broken sunflower video !!!) and youth degradations : no else meanings ...

We are jumping over big fires in France too, every June 24[SUP]th[/SUP], for St Jean's day, but it's associated with the summer solstice to bless harvests, as the legend is saying ! Not really popular in towns ... beacause it's time wasting : climate changings win !....

Do we have to wear leather mask and chains to go to the Piwnica Swidnicka restaurant !? Is Dracula serving you !?...

Is Mariusz Pudzianowski a friend of yours ? You should !... But don't get him on your R6 !!!...

Last edited:

You know in Poland did not perceive well the French. Leaving Polish in 1939, despite the great layout and alliance. In Poland there are a lot of jokes about France. But that does not mean that you watch out for somebody worse. I have nothing to French. I worked in Ireland in a factory and my supervisor was a Frenchman. It was the most decent peasant from all other people. What I care about politics. Do you think that now I hate Russians? Nothing to them, I do not. They also do not want war, or anything else.
Why so desperately want to show what a France is great, how great and the best? While I do not doubt that it is. I am a citizen of the world and I do not care whether you're in France, England or Latvia or Estonia. Donald Tusk just a traitor to the nation and he should be juicy dick in the ass. Best wishes

Sorry, just couldn't resist from responding here, after the VID and the fact that POLAND is the country that rescued jews during the WW2. SERIOUSLY???

May be you mean Denmark?

Every country has done all its possible to do its best during WWII ...

Don't take it bad ulthart, it's just the opportunity to talk friendly about what's from inside, what we can hear and see on TV and medias about Poland in my own country !?
I don't watch TV so much (so demoralizing), except for interesting documentaries ... So, I don't think like TV but I've been to French school where my mind has been filled with French political study programs !...

Everyone has been brought up to be proud of his own country. That means everyone has jokes and clichés with other countries !
I'm not really proud of my country, its history and of how it seems to become, as the World ! ...
But we all have the same sky and stars and we are all so so so small !!!....

Tell me your pole jokes about Frenchman in my France's topic !!!

Yes sir Art_Br83. Poles hid many Jews during World War 2. Although now the Jewish people disclaims that. In total, I do not know why. Telling the story of how my great-grandmother told me. My grandmother survived two world wars. Neighbors of my great-grandmother in 1941 hid a Jew. Know what threatened for hiding such a person. They hid him until the end of the war until 1945. When the "liberated" us red army and the war came to an end this particular Jew in gratitude for the exposure and help you know what he did? He went to the NKWD "http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/NKWD " and sold these people that their sons fought in the AK. The whole family were deported to Siberia in a camp. There were many such stories. And I know it's not from textbooks or from the Russian propaganda. I know this from an eyewitness of these events. From my great-grandmother.

Every issue has its extraordinary cases, that is the way of the nature. But, there are solid facts, that cannot be argued - such as water is liquid most of the time, and iron is solid. Same fact is about Poland - a country where millions of innocent people were tortured and murdered, where the concentration of death camps/facilities was the highest. That fact has much more weight and much more importance then any other. Why? Again, because of the ratio of rescued vs murdered and amount of death camps. Camps that where not hidden from locals - everybody saw trains stuffed with people, that came from all over Europe - and went out empty. Local people where working in those camps so it wasn't so much a secret. There was the biggest GETHO in Warsaw - also a unique thing about Poland.

So if you don't want to have 9 facts about Poland, so make it 11 - because every coin has 2 sides.

What did you want the locals to do exactly? Come on it's not like the Polish were the ones to setup the death camps/ghettos they were occupied. As the American Jewish Committee said:
Auschwitz-Birkenau and the other death camps, including Belzec, Chelmno, Majdanek, Sobibor and Treblinka, were conceived, built and operated by Nazi Germany and its allies. The camps were located in German-occupied Poland, the European country with by far the largest Jewish population, but they were most emphatically not "Polish camps". This is not a mere semantic matter. Historical integrity and accuracy hang in the balance.

As you say all coins have two sides but I think it's fair to celebrate helping people escape the holocaust esp when you've received the largest amount of Righteous Among the Nations awards from Israel for it.

Every issue has its extraordinary cases, that is the way of the nature. But, there are solid facts, that cannot be argued - such as water is liquid most of the time, and iron is solid. Same fact is about Poland - a country where millions of innocent people were tortured and murdered, where the concentration of death camps/facilities was the highest. That fact has much more weight and much more importance then any other. Why? Again, because of the ratio of rescued vs murdered and amount of death camps. Camps that where not hidden from locals - everybody saw trains stuffed with people, that came from all over Europe - and went out empty. Local people where working in those camps so it wasn't so much a secret. There was the biggest GETHO in Warsaw - also a unique thing about Poland.

So if you don't want to have 9 facts about Poland, so make it 11 - because every coin has 2 sides.

As you say all coins have two sides ;) i think we dont want to reroll the history of ww2 in our forum!

even germany wasnt unique about the shit that was going up there and the amazing glittering allies also did some faults

there is no black and white and no good and evil in this world it would be too easy for everybody...

There was resistance against the 3rd reich in every country which was influenced by it... france poland germany and so on

I infer from your comments that you think that the Poles murdered in the death camps ...?
From what I know there were rather Nazis. So the comparison here of murdered and rescued there is no rather any sense. But let's finish this already verbal scramble. It does not make sense. I note that it is not I made this video so adding one fact more or less it's not my job. Video found on the internet, added rather trivia purposes, not intended to offend anyone.
There is nothing to argue what was, and how, is history. Each nation has a claim to the other. We are citizens of the same world, as he wrote Spliffy33 live under the same sky, breathe the same air. The only opponents should only be in Battlefield and is also a friendly. Why pull the story, let her remain stored on the cards. I cordially greet and wish you all the best :)

Last edited:
What did you want the locals to do exactly? Come on it's not like the Polish were the ones to setup the death camps/ghettos they were occupied. As the American Jewish Committee said:
Auschwitz-Birkenau and the other death camps, including Belzec, Chelmno, Majdanek, Sobibor and Treblinka, were conceived, built and operated by Nazi Germany and its allies. The camps were located in German-occupied Poland, the European country with by far the largest Jewish population, but they were most emphatically not "Polish camps". This is not a mere semantic matter. Historical integrity and accuracy hang in the balance.

As you say all coins have two sides but I think it's fair to celebrate helping people escape the holocaust esp when you've received the largest amount of Righteous Among the Nations awards from Israel for it.

Why they didn't act, for example, like this? Rescue of the Danish Jews - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This can be actually counted as a UNIQUE thing about Denmark, because almost all members of the community were actually rescued. On the other hand, you have Poland - where "specific" people from almost all over the world were concentrated for 1 "purpose" - and the "purpose" was mainly successfully achieved. Some of the camps were even closed. WHY? Because they depleted out of the MATERIALS! And you put a medal on you - HEY WE RESCUED JEWS, when actually having a blood bath behind your back.
I'm not saying that it wasn't heroic to do so, and really appreciate and have great HONOR to people who actually risked their lives in order to save a jew neighbor or just some stranger. I can't even judge people who didn't risk their live to do so, because it's life/death situation. And a smoking gun pointed on both of them.
But, when such facilities come up to live and function successfully over the years, it means these things only, 1. nobody care. 2 Agree with the ideology. 3 Actively support the ideology.

So if you put 1 medal, lets say - on the "VIDEO"s chest, put also another in order to equalize the situation.

Re: Odp: 10 facts about Poland

From all other thing about POLAND - this is the UNIQUE thing that had to be mentioned??? Why not WISLA? Why not Krakow and Krakow Palace???

I've been to Poland, once, and my hotel windows were facing Wisla (i think it was Warsaw, or Krakow - don't remember) It was late winter time, the ice on the river partly melted but still a lot of snow around. Daamn, i could stare at this beauty for ever. REALLY :)

Do you understand what I wrote? THIS IS NOT ME DID THIS FILM !!! I do not even pay attention to the one thing about which you are doing so much noise. Anyway, I do not understand you completely. What do you finally it? Write the creator of this video on youtube and ask why it just came up. I would add that this is 10 interesting facts about the Polish not 10 things of which we should be proud. It's probably enough in this topic. Whatever I did not write it, and so you yelling about this one thing and do not come to you none arguments. Yours sincerely and amiably.
Ps. Vistula is in Warsaw and Krakow so hard to tell where you were. If there was a royal castle by the river is rather Krakow. I'm glad that you visited my country, I hope that someday also visit your country.

Users who are viewing this thread